Night Vision
31 March 2013, 17:28,
RE: Night Vision
(31 March 2013, 17:21)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 March 2013, 17:18)Barneyboy Wrote:
(31 March 2013, 16:39)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 March 2013, 12:42)Barneyboy Wrote: this is mine does the job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UaIg-jLJvo

just looked it up on Ebay....£151! thats a lot of money for something i'm only going to use AFTER SHTF!

i paid 90 pound from aldi

yeah, i think Lidl was about the same price, still a lot of dosh for something that will sit in a drawer until TSHTF.

i use mine for rabbit hunting in the dark ,picks up there eyes very well and then put my lamp on, and pop one for the pot Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
31 March 2013, 17:35,
I've got a NV scope but it didn't cost me £500. I got it for £200. There are a few around that price and all they need is an IR illuminator. I like a seperate one as you can't see where you are being watched from.

I've also got an old digital camera with a NV component as a backup all nicely wrapped in tinfoil.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 March 2013, 17:37,
(31 March 2013, 17:28)Barneyboy Wrote: i use mine for rabbit hunting in the dark ,picks up there eyes very well and then put my lamp on, and pop one for the pot Smile

not a lot of rabbits in my immediate area, i dont think they like the solid ball clay!plenty of pheasants though.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 March 2013, 19:13,
There is absolutely no light at all up here at night its as black as coal,... but it is surprising how easy it is to see in the complete dark, your eyes are capable of adjusting to the dark

Other than that, try using an ordinary pair of binoculars, you may be surprised at how good there are at night.
A major part of survival is invisibility.
31 March 2013, 22:02,
(31 March 2013, 19:13)Highlander Wrote: There is absolutely no light at all up here at night its as black as coal,... but it is surprising how easy it is to see in the complete dark, your eyes are capable of adjusting to the dark

Other than that, try using an ordinary pair of binoculars, you may be surprised at how good there are at night.

That is because it never is completely dark when you are outside. However, seeing well is not the same as just seeing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 March 2013, 23:05,
I got some cheap night vision. i got them ages ago off ebay they came with a video game. They are really good but do not handle open areas well as they work off the light that humans can not see. I tried them on a beach and it sucked, white walls also throw them off.
1 April 2013, 09:24,
Recently got myself a night eye digital NV attachment for a rifle scope, not cheap at £380, but certainly does the trick, can see easily 100m. I've bought it for putting meat on the table so it has a use now, I doubt I would pay out for something like this to keep in a draw just in case.
1 April 2013, 12:04,
(1 April 2013, 09:24)T-oddity Wrote: Recently got myself a night eye digital NV attachment for a rifle scope, not cheap at £380, but certainly does the trick, can see easily 100m. I've bought it for putting meat on the table so it has a use now, I doubt I would pay out for something like this to keep in a draw just in case.

Is that like the "Nite Site" digital scope adaptor? where you attach to the eye lens of your scope?
1 April 2013, 18:40,
just been thinking that night vision would be good where ever you are in the country even if you are use to no light pollution already

just think if is after the SHTF and you get remote no problems for a few months then one night you sat in front of the fire and say the dog starts barking an you lost your natural night vision due to the light from the fire. If you got a night scope or other device you get it out have a quick look round to see if it's a fox that set the dog off or something on two legs

bugger something else for the ever growing shopping list
1 April 2013, 19:03,
(31 March 2013, 17:37)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 March 2013, 17:28)Barneyboy Wrote: i use mine for rabbit hunting in the dark ,picks up there eyes very well and then put my lamp on, and pop one for the pot Smile

not a lot of rabbits in my immediate area, i dont think they like the solid ball clay!plenty of pheasants though.

funny that triping over the fury little shit here pheasants just as good though
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!