Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night Vision
7 April 2013, 09:16,
RE: Night Vision
(1 April 2013, 12:04)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(1 April 2013, 09:24)T-oddity Wrote: Recently got myself a night eye digital NV attachment for a rifle scope, not cheap at £380, but certainly does the trick, can see easily 100m. I've bought it for putting meat on the table so it has a use now, I doubt I would pay out for something like this to keep in a draw just in case.

Is that like the "Nite Site" digital scope adaptor? where you attach to the eye lens of your scope?

Yes exactly the same,
7 April 2013, 23:56,
its all about 12v solar panels and 18v+appliances. most online camping shops do them.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
8 April 2013, 09:56,
There are various systems used for seeing in the dark.

One trick is the eye patch used by the pirates.
The ninja used to sit in a dark hole for 24 hours or more with their eyes open and get used to zero light. That way the stars provided enough light to see in the dark. Even when cloudy.
Taking a lower profile will allow objects to silhouette on the sky.
And there's a load more. None of them will be as good as proper night vision systems, but they're well worth using.

One thing to remember, turn to a torch as a last resort! Your eyes will get amazingly good night vision if you leave them in the dark, even for a few minutes.

Don't forget, a full moon is a helpful night vision device.

If you are using a torch in the night, remember to have a red filter on it, that way you can keep most your night vision that you've gained. White light will make you lose your natural night vision for a while.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2013, 12:02,
(7 April 2013, 09:16)T-oddity Wrote:
(1 April 2013, 09:24)T-oddity Wrote: Recently got myself a night eye digital NV attachment for a rifle scope, not cheap at £380, but certainly does the trick, can see easily 100m. I've bought it for putting meat on the table so it has a use now, I doubt I would pay out for something like this to keep in a draw just in case.

Is that like the "Nite Site" digital scope adaptor? where you attach to the eye lens of your scope?

Yes exactly the same,

What is your opinion of the nite site be interesting to hear.
8 April 2013, 12:05,
anybody tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=cn...&_from=R40
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 12:50,
Scythe,

That does work but not as well as you think. The eye detects motion better and this is what we 'see' when it is really dark.

We can use red light whilst not destroying your night vision. That is handy.

Basically though it is the only real option when you are in the dark in a world without electronics.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2013, 08:18,
(8 April 2013, 12:02)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(7 April 2013, 09:16)T-oddity Wrote:

Yes exactly the same,

What is your opinion of the nite site be interesting to hear.

I've not had my hands on a nite site, but if it is anything like the night eye it does the job it is designed for, I had a good look at both makes via the internet so not a physical hands on look.
I think the nite sites probably have a better build quality and there are a lot more add on products, but the ns50 can view to @50yards at a cost of £399, the night eye can view to @175yards at a cost of £375 and comes with the li-Ion battery and the ns200 can view to 200yards at a cost of £599 you pays your money and take your choice.

http://www.nitesite.co.uk/

http://www.night-eye500.co.uk/catalog/index.php

I would certainly like to compare both makes side by side in the field as I would rather spend the cash if the quality is there, but from the reviews and youtube clips I could not see any great advantage in getting the nite site.

Hope this helps.
10 April 2013, 16:52,
My "night vision device" has four legs and is covered with fur. Dogs have excellent night vision, coordinated with a great sense of smell and acute hearing. Take your dog out walking on a dark night. You may trip or stumble, but he/she never will.

"Tessie", our blue-tick coon hound is also our home alarm system, requires no electricity, and keeps our feet warm at night. She's equipped with four large fangs and a vise-grip mouth for emergency use.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 April 2013, 17:43,
(10 April 2013, 16:52)Jonas Wrote: My "night vision device" has four legs and is covered with fur. Dogs have excellent night vision, coordinated with a great sense of smell and acute hearing. Take your dog out walking on a dark night. You may trip or stumble, but he/she never will.

"Tessie", our blue-tick coon hound is also our home alarm system, requires no electricity, and keeps our feet warm at night. She's equipped with four large fangs and a vise-grip mouth for emergency use.

I agree, I have three German Shepherds, and I have often been out at night, and spent much of the time watching them, and then followed them home with my hand on their collar,... that's a fun game to practice that everyone with a dog should have a go at
A major part of survival is invisibility.