Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SCURVY-post collapse
3 April 2013, 12:00,
RE: SCURVY-post collapse
you cant sunbathe in the winter so need to top up vitamin d to avoid the winter blues.
winter blues when your stuck in a bugout with your partner could become very difficult.
id like to know I have a source of vit d available.
thanks for the pine needle tea tip.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
3 April 2013, 13:43,
(3 April 2013, 12:00)Luci_ferson Wrote: you cant sunbathe in the winter so need to top up vitamin d to avoid the winter blues.
winter blues when your stuck in a bugout with your partner could become very difficult.
id like to know I have a source of vit d available.
thanks for the pine needle tea tip.

But you can walk for a minute a day in short sleeved clothing. That'll provide enough vitamin D.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 April 2013, 18:10,
I might be in the northeast but I cant walk around in a t-shirt in winter.
only the geordies can do that.

joking aside , its mainly for my misses , she already gets the winter blues. so anything I can do to remove that problem is a bonus.
if you've lived with someone who gets the winter blues youl know what I mean.
3 April 2013, 18:11,
i do tend to get "cabin fever" in the winter when i cant get out because of the weather, thank goodness for dog walking.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2013, 18:14, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 18:15 by Luci_ferson.)
cabin fever is bad enough.
its worse when your stuck in with someone whos depressed and ratty.

sadly both symptoms of the winter blues.
3 April 2013, 18:18,
thankfully my OH dosent get ratty, we both get a bit pis....err..cheesed off in the dark winter days, cant wait for spring to go on our trips again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2013, 18:19,
more than 3 or 4 days stuck in the house and my OH starts climbing the walls and allsorts.
3 April 2013, 19:51,
OH and I are happy enough through the winter..log burners going ....then spring arrives and we are out on the garden together , its great ..we throw half house bricks at one another ..then summer we remove the casts... then autumn we make ready for winter ...although this year she caught me with a full house brick....now that's just being bloody silly
3 April 2013, 20:16,
In the winter, it gets dark here at somewhere between 4 pm and 5pm,... and it doesn't get light until around 9am.

So for working people, specially those who work indoors, many dont see the daylight until the weekend.

Thankfully I have not heard of anyone who suffers from S.A.D... but I do feel for anyone who does
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 April 2013, 21:47, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 21:50 by Wildman.)
i get s.a.d or winter blues bloody big time!! this winters been the worse so far. this winter i prepped for it u might say. i was training hard, making sure i got my 5 elements in check as best i could. water sun light(lol) food water and exercise, keep these in check works well for staying in control or beating a depression, witch i was.........and then in February i ran completely out of steam and have been fighting a heavy wave ever since. i just cant wait for the first rays of warmth, i'm gonna be out there on the hill, soaking it up like a solar panel!
although i have been thinking.......ouch!lol.......doctors recommend using daylight bulbs because of the spectrum of light they emit, high pressure sodium's emit the closest thing to real sun light that there is. but the light is VERY bad for your eyes and there quite costly, but i think it would make a difference to someone who really suffered from lack of sunlight, even if they just sat in a dec chair with strong shades on sipping pims lol you can even get 100w bulbs that fit into standard fittings, no ballast needed.

[quote='Wildman' pid='52328' dateline='1365022022']
i get s.a.d or winter blues bloody big time!! this winters been the worse so far. this winter i prepped for it u might say. i was training hard, making sure i got my 5 elements in check as best i could. water sun light(lol) food fresh air and exercise, keep these in check works well for staying in control or beating a depression, witch i was.........and then in February i ran completely out of steam and have been fighting a heavy wave ever since. i just cant wait for the first rays of warmth, i'm gonna be out there on the hill, soaking it up like a solar panel!
although i have been thinking.......ouch!lol.......doctors recommend using daylight bulbs because of the spectrum of light they emit, high pressure sodium's emit the closest thing to real sun light that there is. but the light is VERY bad for your eyes and there quite costly, but i think it would make a difference to someone who really suffered from lack of sunlight, even if they just sat in a dec chair with strong shades on sipping pims lol you can even get 100w bulbs that fit into standard fittings, no ballast needed.
[/quote]

[quote='Wildman' pid='52328' dateline='1365022022']
i get s.a.d or winter blues bloody big time!! this winters been the worse so far. this winter i prepped for it u might say. i was training hard, making sure i got my 5 elements in check as best i could. water sun light(lol) food water and exercise, keep these in check works well for staying in control or beating a depression, witch i was.........and then in February i ran completely out of steam and have been fighting a heavy wave ever since. i just cant wait for the first rays of warmth, i'm gonna be out there on the hill, soaking it up like a solar panel!
five elements for staying in check-sun-water-fresh air-food-exercise
not saying that its easy or the cure but it is defo the basis of an every day check list
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!