Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Missing Post
3 April 2013, 13:55,
RE: Missing Post
(3 April 2013, 12:38)Tarrel Wrote: Oh. I thought providing an update on a threat that was already on the radar would be useful.

It is for a news site but this isn't.

We id a threat and prep for that. We prioritise based on what we view as the most likely or higher risk threats.

But repeats of the same thing do not add anything.

To try a better analogy. SUK provides recipes for meals using various foods. People can see the recipes and learn. The news is there is a shortage of chilli from Mexico. The recipies don't change. What is there to discuss? Do we discuss this shortage and go around in circles or do we just ignore it and carry on.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 April 2013, 20:52,
The thing is,... the title is plain to read,.. it says,... `Threats and Risks, Discussion on threads and risks that could effect us`

So I tend to agree, I dont see the point in putting up a thread that doesnt effect us in any way,.. even if the events in NK were to escalate to a state where the UK were to get involved it still wouldnt effect us as preppers, unless NK has missiles that could reach the UK which to my knowledge they dont
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 April 2013, 23:52,
With all the 24/7 news stations...do we need it on here ...I have noticed posts put up on here straight off the back on BREAKING NEWS within 10 minuets of the broadcast WHY most of US watch the news ...so it serves no real purpose .....mind you if the news comes from some exotic sauce this seems to add weight to the authors point of view or argument being put forward ...does not necessary mean its so...but now and again can be useful to follow up with debate , don't post for the sake of posting , I use handcuffs now to stop me...then I started typing with my nose ...OH now ties a boxing clove to my face to counter my need to post ....this works
4 April 2013, 09:28,
Fair enough. I don,t agree, but I do respect the prevailing point of view.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
4 April 2013, 09:34, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 09:34 by Luci_ferson.)
nice web blog by the way tarrel. reading a bit each day whenever I get the chance.

always good to get an insight on your fellow man
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 April 2013, 22:00,
(4 April 2013, 09:34)Luci_ferson Wrote: nice web blog by the way tarrel. reading a bit each day whenever I get the chance.

always good to get an insight on your fellow man

Cheers. It's been dormant for a few weeks but I've just started posting again. Look out for upcoming posts on low-cost secondary double glazing, and a dual-purpose solar PV system, plus news from the woodland.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
4 April 2013, 22:06,
low cost double glazing is pretty simple .

but whats a dual purpose solar PV system ?
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson