Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales from the Veggie Patch
19 May 2013, 19:52,
RE: Tales from the Veggie Patch
Talking of gooseberries... I bought one last year from the 99p store and chucked it in a pot..and not much happened so I chucked the pot around the corner....I just went round to get the pot to put some carrots in and found it has grown into a wonderful if some what spikey bush in need of re-homing so does anyone know what sort of soil and sun light it prefers or is it pretty much a stick it anywhere kinda bush?
19 May 2013, 19:57,
Mary .....how on earth did you Know ? damson gin is very nice though
19 May 2013, 20:11, (This post was last modified: 19 May 2013, 20:32 by MaryN.)
Call it instinct, S!

(19 May 2013, 19:52)The Ragman Wrote: Talking of gooseberries... I bought one last year from the 99p store and chucked it in a pot..and not much happened so I chucked the pot around the corner....I just went round to get the pot to put some carrots in and found it has grown into a wonderful if some what spikey bush in need of re-homing so does anyone know what sort of soil and sun light it prefers or is it pretty much a stick it anywhere kinda bush?

Just plant it somewhere, preferably in a sunny position, water it and wait for the fruit.

(19 May 2013, 10:08)Highlander Wrote: Well I dont have as much, but do have growing,... peas, carrots, onions, cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, radishes, potatoes in containers, Broad beans, Brussels sprouts,..and have planted this year, 2 x Apple trees, 2 x Pear trees and a Plum tree.

Sounds pretty good to me HL. No raspberries? I thought Scotland was famous for raspberries.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 May 2013, 21:45,
[Raspberries],...No,.. in fact I cant remember seeing any about either
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 May 2013, 11:46,
You can't move for raspberries - and strawberries, in the Carse...