• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Law
3 April 2013, 17:14,
RE: Common Law
The right to bear arms

I'm in!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 April 2013, 17:14, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 17:23 by Tibbs735.)
I said that some of the rules could do with updating, because nowadays most people do not have a life which revolves around religion in a way that those living hundreds of years ago did.

(3 April 2013, 17:14)Scythe13 Wrote: The right to bear arms

I'm in!!!

Hard to believe it, given the current state of the UK, but we have a right to bear arms on our declaration of rights as part of our constitution! The constitution on which the constitutions of countries such as the USA and the commonwealth countries are based on. And it's number one of the list of rights Angry
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
3 April 2013, 17:54,
englands rights to bear arms only means you can wear a t-shirt im afraid Smile
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
3 April 2013, 21:03,
(3 April 2013, 17:54)Luci_ferson Wrote: englands rights to bear arms only means you can wear a t-shirt im afraid Smile

I wonder how long that'll lastSad.I can see it now,new government tax on people with more than one short sleeved top.Someone please whisk me off to CanadaWink
3 April 2013, 21:59, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 22:00 by Wildman.)
wildmans laws.
1. thou must be WELL excellent to each other at all times.(pretty much covers everything)

SmileHeartSmile
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 April 2013, 22:03,
hang on we are aloud guns?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 April 2013, 22:14,
The religious ones were OK for those that have a religion but they are not needed for a society. If that society chooses to be religious then that club can have it's own rules but they must not be forced on others.

Although with democracy when enough vote for that to become a law then it is. When enough Muslims take over you will find a few new laws coming into force.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 April 2013, 22:18,
Is common law anything todo with the magna carter? Or is that something entirly different??
3 April 2013, 22:23,
(3 April 2013, 22:18)Metroyeti Wrote: Is common law anything todo with the magna carter? Or is that something entirly different??

there gonna be putting laws into place that screw the magna carta, or so i've heard.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 April 2013, 22:33, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 22:39 by Luci_ferson.)
(3 April 2013, 22:14)Skean Dhude Wrote: The religious ones were OK for those that have a religion but they are not needed for a society. If that society chooses to be religious then that club can have it's own rules but they must not be forced on others.

Although with democracy when enough vote for that to become a law then it is. When enough Muslims take over you will find a few new laws coming into force.

strange though how most of the people in this country who believe you should castrate rapists or chop the hands of thieves are actually non muslims.
yet they are both sharia law.

I think religion and law can be a bad mix.

and religion should only ever be something that you yourself live by, not something that you judge others by.

Judge not others , and all that stuff

any societys laws should never be written by a religion. as religious views differ.
religious people need to just decide if that societys laws are suitable to their religions beliefs and if not then find somewhere else or just peacefully accept the fact that others don't believe the same.
You live by the rules of whatever society you are amongst.
as long as it don't make you yourself personally break any of your own religious beliefs.
its non of your business if those around you do as long as its within their law.

and if that's blasphemy then im guilty lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson