Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devon faces £800million potholes bill.
3 April 2013, 22:16,
RE: Devon faces £800million potholes bill.
If I was inside I would jump at the chance to do it. Seems to work in america then again if the cop on horse wuth the shotgun doesnt get you, the gators or bloodhounds will.
3 April 2013, 23:01,
They do not work the "chain gangs" in America any more. Too many lawsuits for cruel and unusual punishmet.

When I was a young adult they used to come around with a big 5 ton dump truck filled with tarmac, had two convicts chained to the back corners of the truck by their ankles. Each had a shovel.

Didn't need a shotgun guard. If they misbehaved you just slipped the clutch and accelerated!

Don't worry about potholes post-SHTF. There will be no petrol so no one will be going anywhere.

The folks that have stored gas will normally have 4wd.

No rush to get anywhere, and Lord only knows where you would think you NEEDED to go?

So slow down, preseve your vehicle parts and save fuel.

And when the potholes get bad enough you can consider them barriers to intrusion.
4 April 2013, 09:37,
(3 April 2013, 23:01)Mortblanc Wrote: Don't worry about potholes post-SHTF. There will be no petrol so no one will be going anywhere.

The folks that have stored gas will normally have 4wd.

how true, and forget 4wd, unless you can use it on cycle paths and green lanes your not going anywhere, its not like we've got Praries like America.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2013, 09:56, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 09:57 by Luci_ferson.)
all the roads would likely be blocked by those who broke down through lack of fuel.
motorways would be filled with people sat with cars hoping for help.
others would be fighting and trying to steal eachothers fuel and allsorts
it would likely be anarchy.
any movement I do will be straight through the woods and moors.
luckily woods and moors are terrain im comfortable with. its towns I feal uncomfortable in.

even back country roads will be hectic as others try using them too to avoid the main roads.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 April 2013, 10:04,
(4 April 2013, 09:56)Luci_ferson Wrote: all the roads would likely be blocked by those who broke down through lack of fuel.
motorways would be filled with people sat with cars hoping for help.
others would be fighting and trying to steal eachothers fuel and allsorts
it would likely be anarchy.
any movement I do will be straight through the woods and moors.
luckily woods and moors are terrain im comfortable with. its towns I feal uncomfortable in.

even back country roads will be hectic as others try using them too to avoid the main roads.
back country roads are even worse for potholes than the main roads as they are a lower priority, not all country roads have signposts so unless you KNOW where your going you could get lost easily, also landslides are prevalent at the moment so roads get blocked, post SHTF they wont get cleared!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2013, 10:07, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 10:08 by Luci_ferson.)
Luckily if you know your way round devon, and know where all the little villages are.
you can get to most places by cutting across fields along the hedgerows.
you can access a large portion of devon without ever touching a road other than to cross it.

although some of the rivers aint the easiest to cross.
4 April 2013, 10:13,
(4 April 2013, 10:07)Luci_ferson Wrote: Luckily if you know your way round devon, and know where all the little villages are.
you can get to most places by cutting across fields along the hedgerows.
you can access a large portion of devon without ever touching a road other than to cross it.

although some of the rivers aint the easiest to cross.
maybe in south Devon,which is lower lying, but North Devon has river valleys like the fingers of your hand, you have to go up one to cross onto the next, then like you say there are the rivers, the Exe, the Taw, the Torridge and the Okement.
4 April 2013, 10:39,
some of those rivers are deceiving too.
they may look slow.
but I wouldn't advise crossing rivers to anyone who don't know what they doing.
its easy to make a mistake.
sadly with rivers a mistake costs lives.
4 April 2013, 10:42,
yep, girl was drowned on Dartmoor practising for The Ten Tors -trying to retrieve her backpack which had fallen into a river.
4 April 2013, 10:54, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 10:54 by Luci_ferson.)
I don't think I was ever meant to be in a town.
I find moors and woods easy to navigate.
rivers and streams easy to cross.
but put me in a town and im instantly lost.
I find crossing roads a nightmare. and have been hit 3 times by cars. (luckily not fast ones).

my awareness of surroundings just isn't compatible with towns, far too many distractions and flashy lights.

too many moving things in general really