Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to seed
7 April 2013, 08:27,
RE: Going to seed
(4 April 2013, 09:21)Luci_ferson Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 22:14)Metroyeti Wrote: Luci its highly recomended to randomly plant here and there on wasteland ect, gives you extra food and most people wont be able to tell the difference between your veg and shrub/weeds.

ive pondered the idea many times. but ive a fealing its actually illegal.
some stupid green law will cover distributing non native plants. or something like that.
so for now ive been looking for wild veges (not found any)
I planned on helping them spread cos that wouldn't be planting non natives it wouldn't be technically planting anything.
just helping what was already there.
sadly like I said Im still yet to find any.
ive got books that show pics and tell where to look. but I guess im just unlucky.
may have to just accidentaly drop a few things afterall.

Hope this helps

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

and if you can manage to read through this paper the establishments view, I must admit that I have not fully read it, life's too short Blush

http://www.bcu.ac.uk/_media/docs/CESR_Wo...ardman.pdf

For my part I live in a rural area and have an allotment, but I also actively introduce edible and beneficial plants in my local area (native or naturalised species only) on any bit of un-maintained land, mostly verges, bridge embankments, along side foot baths, canal paths and river banks, in a pshtf situation the first thing that would be raided by the locals for food will be my allotment, they can have it, there will be plenty for me growing else where. Cool
7 April 2013, 08:43,
ive studied guerrilla gardening a fair bit.
theres quite a few good books on the subject.
ive even found a few prime locations.
my intention was to go find a few wild vegetables and spread them into the areas I wanted them to be in instead.
sadly I couldn't find no wild vegetables yet , and I don't really want to plant cultivated varietys.
so may have to scrap that idea, and accept the fact id have to use non wild varietys.

my main concern is getting caught by tptb ( im unlucky)
id be really upset being charged for something as silly as a few plants.
all my preps would be for nothing if I find myself in a jail cell. (unlikely to happen)
just the inconvenience of having to deal with the police and being further up their radar is enough to put me off.

I plan on moving onto my allotment to protect it. hopefully other allotment holders will do the same so theres more of us.
if they don't then their allotment becomes mine also, or anyones who is prepared to live on it and help defend it.

after shtf il freely scatter veges from here to hell and back. il be throwing them in every out of sight place I can find.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 April 2013, 15:20,
I think if I was you I would open as many packets as you want, and put the seed in your pocket, it wouldn't matter if they were mixed,... then go for a walk, if you go scattering during, or just before it rains then that would be good enough, I cant see you getting caught that way,... have a hole in your pocket if need be
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 April 2013, 16:55, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 16:56 by Luci_ferson.)
hole in pocket would be best idea. it cant be ilegal to have a hole in pocket.
infact the trousers im wearing already has one in the right pocket lol.

but I wanted to go a little bit further down the guerrilla gardening route.
preparing 1 metre square patches of land in the middle of nettle fields dotted around all over.

but I guess its better to just throw a few spare seeds randomly than for them to be sat on a shelf in the shed.

excellent point about the rains too.
I like walking in the rain anyway, especially the spring ones once the weather warms up.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson