Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
SW coast path landslips 10 times worse than normal.
7 April 2013, 17:03,
RE: SW coast path landslips 10 times worse than normal.
Yes I accept that Norfolk is flat, and so are many other parts of the country. Make the best of what you have is what I say about that. Keep away from the dodgy bits too.
It occurs to me that instead of having a fixed abode we might all be better off being nomadic by nature and then if there was a great upheaval of some description we would be able to move off at a moments notice (sort of) and get on with things somewhere else.
7 April 2013, 17:11,
(7 April 2013, 17:03)iaaems Wrote: Yes I accept that Norfolk is flat, and so are many other parts of the country. Make the best of what you have is what I say about that. Keep away from the dodgy bits too.
It occurs to me that instead of having a fixed abode we might all be better off being nomadic by nature and then if there was a great upheaval of some description we would be able to move off at a moments notice (sort of) and get on with things somewhere else.
I have been to Norfolk and a lot of it is below sea level, that would worry me. trouble with being nomadic is shelter, we need something substancial in the winter, to keep out the cold or else we would freeze to death. i dont really want to leave North Devon and so would only move within that area.
i prefer some kind of fixed homesteading instead so that we can have animals as well as growing stuff(rule of 3).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 07:16,
Well there are drawbacks to all lifestyles - nothing is perfect and it was just a passing thought anyway. I prefer the static lifestyle - have no choice in many respects - but keeping a weather eye on overall events as they develop.
Flat and below sea level is true but also very productive farm land given the system they use these days which seems to revolve around huge machines ploughing, spraying, watering, flailing and harvesting.
Not sure if this land would be much use if everything went tits up though.