2013 Solar Flare?
5 April 2013, 17:37,
RE: 2013 Solar Flare?
care to share your source please prepper1
id like to read more on that lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
5 April 2013, 18:23,
2013 i wouldn't worry much, the data shows that we might be have a "double maximum"...this has happened in the past, basically instead of building upto 1 peak at the solar maximum, it's peaked once already, and is now dipping and will peak again, before solar activity lowers again for the 11 year cycle. these "double maximum's" have slightly smaller peaks than a normal solar maximum.

but don't take that at face value, it's simply what the data appears to show and what various scientists have said, which could still be wrong.
5 April 2013, 18:33,
still sounds better than run for the hills the sky is falling in.
5 April 2013, 18:37,
i thought solar flares just took out electrics and electronics?? not look out the sky is falling?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 18:46,
This solar maximum is actually rather pathetic, although this does not rule out the possibility of a big one occurring.
In fact an X class flare popped off the other week but it was on the backside of the sun. The particles from that CME would have hit earth at more than 800km/s - not too sure what would have happened, but I'm still hoping for for the C and M class flares that we need.
5 April 2013, 18:57, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 18:57 by Luci_ferson.)
(5 April 2013, 18:37)bigpaul Wrote: i thought solar flares just took out electrics and electronics?? not look out the sky is falling?

all it does it take out the electrics.
lol
take out electricity and the sky may as well have landed on the heads of half the world.
the panic and mayhem would be astronomical
no banks, no tills. no food. no petrol pumps.

etc.

not to mention no Xbox or coronation st
5 April 2013, 19:00,
(5 April 2013, 18:57)Luci_ferson Wrote:
(5 April 2013, 18:37)bigpaul Wrote: i thought solar flares just took out electrics and electronics?? not look out the sky is falling?

all it does it take out the electrics.
lol
take out electricity and the sky may as well have landed on the heads of half the world.
the panic and mayhem would be astronomical
no banks, no tills. no food. no petrol pumps.

etc.

not to mention no Xbox or coronation st

i can just imagine them all running about panicking. i'm ASSUMING there will be no electric post shtf and am planning a life without it(hand tools etc>)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 19:02, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 19:02 by Luci_ferson.)
yup im planning for no electricity.
il generate any small amount I need myself if possible, but its a luxury not a necessity.

just enough to keep the radios baterys charged
5 April 2013, 19:05,
(5 April 2013, 19:02)Luci_ferson Wrote: yup im planning for no electricity.
il generate any small amount I need myself if possible, but its a luxury not a necessity.

just enough to keep the radios baterys charged

get a hand cranked radio.
5 April 2013, 19:10,
believe it or not ive got one, with an inbuilt torch. but you crank it for 30 mins and get about 8 mins listening.
id rather get something a little more reliable.
and il want to run a cb of some sort too more than likely. a portable solar battery charger will do for what I need.