Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Solar Flare?
5 April 2013, 19:14,
RE: 2013 Solar Flare?
(5 April 2013, 19:10)Luci_ferson Wrote: believe it or not ive got one, with an inbuilt torch. but you crank it for 30 mins and get about 8 mins listening.
id rather get something a little more reliable.
and il want to run a cb of some sort too more than likely. a portable solar battery charger will do for what I need.

ok, i'm going a bit more basic than that and i've got a wind up radio already plus a battery one for now, i cant be bothered with cb or any of that other radio stuff, a bit too technical for me, like i said before i'll be living like the Amish without electric gizmos of any kind.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 19:24, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 19:26 by Luci_ferson.)
my plan for portable battery charger is basic.
I borrow a load of solar panels and cables from garden lights after tshtf.
wire them up to a battery pack that I put together from the batteries wired together to make one larger capacity battery.
that stays in the backpack
all the little panels just come out of the pack and I stick them in the ground near it (wires already attached)

then as I work in the sun the batteries get charged. and when I go home I pack it up and take it with me with freshly charged batteries.

the cb is something il just get at a later date when all the taxis are abandoned, like all the smarter sheeple will be doing .
that's if I bother with the cb at all.

the portable solar charger is just because I may as well be having some free electricity whilst im out away from the bugout. and ii can move it to where ever the sun is quickly and easily.

and don't need to have a solar panel near the bugout giving away my location.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
5 April 2013, 20:59,
This flare happened today, not a big one, but these smaller events happen all the time, will a bigger one appear?, who knows, we should get a bit of warning though, not that it will do us a lot of good,.... and of course no-one really knows if all electrics will be fried or not,.. time will tell

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4...=notify_me
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 April 2013, 21:34, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 22:03 by Luci_ferson.)
that's pretty big. nice pic .

(5 April 2013, 17:20)Prepper1 Wrote: Well, solar flares or not.
Be careful of money in the banks.
regardless of whats just happened in cyprus.
The reason the big banks have had there systems off line a lot recently is that they've been under sustained attack by parties unknown and have had balances reset to zero in some banks.
This has been quickly fixed BUT sources have warned its only a matter of time before whosoever is behind the attacks figures out how to delete the back up records as well.
The banks keep only so much paper record. Most of its in electronic form.
Watch your money and if you have large amounts in the bank in savings etc... I sugest you remove it and hide it somewhere ie a safe in your house.
Banks are dangerous places for money at the moment, be warned.

On a side note the parties may decide to wipe out bank debt as well so theres a brucy bonus....

i still cant find any information on this anywhere, please help.
all the info im finding is older news.
5 April 2013, 22:17,
just because its not reported in the media, doesn't mean its not happening..........

Like the Tornado's being secretly moved to a "staging" area... make of that what you will!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
5 April 2013, 22:30, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 22:32 by Luci_ferson.)
i know the media don't report everything. im just wanting to read more.
the info had to come from somewhere so ive been trying to find it.

of course the media don't report everything. nothing has been mentioned about the earthquake in Russia today either.

theres loads they never report.
but theres always information or clues somewhere.

not that ive got anything in a bank.
i don't even have any debt .
but it still affects me.
6 April 2013, 07:37,
(5 April 2013, 18:57)Luci_ferson Wrote:
(5 April 2013, 18:37)bigpaul Wrote: i thought solar flares just took out electrics and electronics?? not look out the sky is falling?

no petrol pumps.

Years ago I was watching the old 70's version of Survivors and they were hand cranking petrol out of a forecourt pump. Is it still possible to do this? and if so, how?
Respect existence or expect resistance!
6 April 2013, 09:13,
(6 April 2013, 07:37)Ghost Wrote:
(5 April 2013, 18:57)Luci_ferson Wrote:
(5 April 2013, 18:37)bigpaul Wrote: i thought solar flares just took out electrics and electronics?? not look out the sky is falling?

no petrol pumps.

Years ago I was watching the old 70's version of Survivors and they were hand cranking petrol out of a forecourt pump. Is it still possible to do this? and if so, how?
probably use a long tube and the hand bulb these days, depends how long the fuel has been in the tanks, any more than 12 months and its probably "off".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2013, 09:32,
you can get self priming hand pumps for oil drums, a bit of hose on the bottom and you can suck out tanks.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
6 April 2013, 10:14,
im pretty sure if a prepper comes across a store of petrol, hel undoubtedly work out a way to get it out and take it with him.
even if its underground beneigth a forecourt.

those self priming pumps for oil drums are excellent things.