Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smashed windows,paint bombs & anarchy in the streets.
9 April 2013, 12:56, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 12:58 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: smashed windows,paint bombs & anarchy in the streets.
sucks don't it

even if I managed to get 30 people interested locally after tshtf, would I really want to be stuck in a small community with those people.
think id rather perish.

couldn't trust any of them,
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 13:01,
(9 April 2013, 12:56)Luci_ferson Wrote: sucks don't it

even if I managed to get 30 people interested locally after tshtf, would I really want to be stuck in a small community with those people.
think id rather perish.

couldn't trust any of them,

thats why i keep banging on about meeting at RV's and events like the Wilderness Gathering, meet up with other preppers and find out which ones you could work with post SHTF and more importantly work out which ones you want to avoid!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 13:20, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 13:34 by Luci_ferson.)
it would be very handy to have a bigger plan set up and ready to go.

theres a lot of safety to be found in numbers. and you can get a lot of work done in a small time.

entire fortresses can be built in hours if its in the right locations.

Ive already found one of those places, and it comes with some mental bonuses.
but it would require around 30 people to manage properly.

I stare at it atleast once a week , knowing what is there and how many rescources it gives, yet its out of bounds cos id never be able to defend it.
ive tried many times to plan how to do it alone but its impossible.
theres far too much there and it would be only a matter of time before others realised it.
its already got a weapons cache, access to climbing and orienteering gear.
and the amount of building supplies right there is mental.

its basically just a case of turn up and move in. and everything you could possibly need and more is immediately available. (even food,)

but sadly like I say , because of that it wont take long for others to head there.
To get it and keep it a group would need to be organised and ready to go as soon as tshtf.
both access paths can be blocked in less than a day.

but that's just something that's highly unlikely.

it could probably sustain around 30 families. indefinitely.

oh forgot to mention the big disadvantage,

a nuclear power station less than 20 miles away, but something that good, had to have a huge disadvantage attached to it.

sadly the chances of finding 30 families that you could live alongside and trust like theyre your brothers and sister. is highly unlikely.
and that's before you even take into account for the power station that nobody in their right mind would want to be this close to.

although the power station could become a beneficial factor, maybe everyone will just abandon the area completely. then ive got about 45 square miles all to myself.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 19:26,
If this is the reaction ( and country wide ) to a old former prime minister. That can only tell us how fragile everything is right NOW , the thing is they only need the weakest of any framework of an excuse , to go looting , seems to me there is a lot more going on within the social fabric of not just the UK but all the western world " when people start loosing everything.... they loose it completely " this quote stolen from Gerald Celenti but very true ATS.
9 April 2013, 20:18,
I'm not really into casting aspersions, but....these people are just trash! I can perfectly understand some folk disliking Mrs T's politics, but this sort of behaviour is beneath contempt. I wouldn't equate those creatures with the stuff I scrape off my shoe. Off now to eat chocolate.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 April 2013, 08:34, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2013, 09:09 by bigpaul.)
where is the respect for the family's grief?? there isnt any, yet when Princess Di died we had mass hysteria!

i suppose with the way things are these days, the lack of respect from some quarters, i thought George Galloways's comment was beneath contempt, people with 11 or 17 kids never worked live of benefits, the whole place is just a powder keg waiting to explode, its just a matter of when, of course the Sheeple cant see it-dont want to see it, but its just a matter of when and what lights the fuse.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 09:22,
I think this is partly due to the pot being very close to boiling over. Any excuse is being used to lash out. Think of it as a relief valve. Many of these people caught up in the hysteria will be ashamed now. However there is a hard core who will not be.

Let's finish up here on the Maggie side and if you want to continue with the community side then simply open another thread.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin