Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
7 April 2013, 09:04,
RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
you'll be using anything you come across to make life easier...including animal fur.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2013, 09:09, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 09:10 by Luci_ferson.)
il deliberately be using any animal furs I come across as soon as possible.
modern fibres are great but its nowhere near as good as natural stuff.
ask the eskimos if they would rather have a fur or a Swedish parka.
infact ask any of the colder countries natives which one they would prefer.

if ive got to skin it to eat it, its fur may as well be used too. il be throwing nothing away unless it stinks and cant be cleaned.

my Swedish parker will always can always be stored.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 April 2013, 15:09,
(7 April 2013, 08:48)BeardyMan Wrote: Wolves? Just another canine. Not so much trouble, they can only bite. You have 2 (normally) hands, elbows, knees and feet. Really we should ne able to take on a lone wolf and win.
If I see one roaming the wild plaines of Southampton I'll offer him out

I seriously doubt you could take on a Wolf without some sort of weapon and win,... I would be looking down and slowly backing away and saying a wee prayer
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 April 2013, 15:19,
There was a show last year were an explorer was shown how to sled with dogs so he could do a journey by himself. The inuits/eskimos taught him loads, one night when they were out and going to sleep they heard a polar bear, understanable to be scared, the eskimos said you just set thr dogs on it if it gets to close, it might kill one or two but it will run. They said the biggest risk was a hungry wolf as it would kill all the dogs, not a pack just an individual. Fighting wolves is mentioned in the angus donald book outlaw, its a fictional story but still wouldnt want to try and take a wolf on
7 April 2013, 16:58, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 16:59 by Luci_ferson.)
the lone wolves are usually hungry ,
hungry wolves will pretty much attack a camp that has food regardless of how many dogs are there.
unless its 4 irish wolf hounds of course lol

but then id be more afraid of the 4 irish wolf hounds

theyre pretty big dogs, we walked past one today , and id forgotten just how big they actually get.
7 April 2013, 17:03, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 17:04 by bigpaul.)
any wild animal will stay away from humans, there have been cases of knowing the animal was in the area but it was never seen, take the wild boar let lose from farms by the animal liberation lot, once out they are never seen again, some damage is found but the animals are never seen again, even Johnny Kingdom had trouble finding them and he knows the area.

forget wolves, i'd be more concerned about pet dogs gone feral.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2013, 17:09, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 17:11 by Luci_ferson.)
we not talking wild animal, we talking zoo animals that have been fed by humans for the last 15 years. suddently being free and hungry
its hardly going to go looking for a deer , its gonna go looking for a human.
it wants feeding and people bring food. its all its ever known
the problem wont start until the people run and its insticts kick in and it chases.

pet dogs gone feral will be same problem,

wild boar are like pigs they eat anything and love to forage.
wolves don't.
7 April 2013, 17:18,
the numbers of any zoo animal that escapes or is even let loose is going to be tiny compared to the numbers of loose, abandoned and going feral dogs on any housing estate you care to name. i'll take my chance with any wolf compared to those staffy/pit bulls that killed that girl with the meat pie that was in the news the other day and there were only 5 of them.
7 April 2013, 17:25,
I agree dogs would be my main concern. the chances of us encountering a wolf in the first few years would be pretty remote for most of us.
but wel all likely get the feral dog problem pretty quickly

most of us wont see a wolf in our lifetimes.
especially the further north you get. but eventually it would be just a matter of time.
they breed pretty fast.
one male can catch 4 or 5 bitches. each bitch will have 3 or 4 pups.
it dont take long to grow a large pack.

but yup im not to worried about wolves. dogs are much further up my risk sheet.
7 April 2013, 17:31,
dogs are definitely the problem, there are loads here and its only a small estate, most of which dont go for walks and are kept in the house and garden 24/7, when TSHTF they are just going to be kicked out the door to fend for themselves, lets face it Sheeple havent got more than 3 days food for themselves so what chance has the wretched dog got?