Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
7 April 2013, 17:39, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 17:40 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
hopefully most people will be so hungry by the time they cant look after the dog anymore, that they come up with the logical solution.

sadly most wont, too much silly sentiment. theyd rather starve.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 April 2013, 17:46,
(7 April 2013, 17:39)Luci_ferson Wrote: hopefully most people will be so hungry by the time they cant look after the dog anymore, that they come up with the logical solution.

sadly most wont, too much silly sentiment. theyd rather starve.

i'll kill the neighbours dogs first rather than ours.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2013, 17:50, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 17:51 by Luci_ferson.)
ive been looking for an excuse to bury ours for 2 years. misses wont let me.

ive got to say , with all those big wild dogs that will be around, id rather use our dog as food to bait it in and befriend it so that I can use it as a guard dog.
7 April 2013, 18:01,
(7 April 2013, 17:50)Luci_ferson Wrote: ive been looking for an excuse to bury ours for 2 years. misses wont let me.

ive got to say , with all those big wild dogs that will be around, id rather use our dog as food to bait it in and befriend it so that I can use it as a guard dog.

yes, i'm looking to "adopt" a couple of dogs i know as guard and hunting dogs post SHTF! there are also a couple of dogs i know i'd quite happily put in the stewpot!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2013, 18:07,
yup next doors would be eaten at earliest opportunity.
theres non around here id adopt.

im kinda hoping the one weve got will hurry up and die so I can buy a nice big dog , possibly a lurcher if I don't find anything better.

ideally I want something nice and big, but that don't eat too much.

itl only be getting fed on dry food at first anyway.
since I can get huge sacks of it for less than £20 theyd last around 3 or 4 months.
1 sack at the moment lasts our dog a full year. (its a terrier)
7 April 2013, 18:11,
(7 April 2013, 18:07)Luci_ferson Wrote: yup next doors would be eaten at earliest opportunity.
theres non around here id adopt.

im kinda hoping the one weve got will hurry up and die so I can buy a nice big dog , possibly a lurcher if I don't find anything better.

ideally I want something nice and big, but that don't eat too much.

itl only be getting fed on dry food at first anyway.
since I can get huge sacks of it for less than £20 theyd last around 3 or 4 months.
1 sack at the moment lasts our dog a full year. (its a terrier)

someone down the road i know has got a greyhound, and there is a couple with a pair of lurchers so thats where i'm going post SHTF. our dog is fed on Bakers..a 5kilo bag lasts her about 6 weeks, but post shtf they'll all eat what i can scrounge, i cant see many Sheeple looting dog food!
7 April 2013, 18:15, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 18:17 by Luci_ferson.)
youd be surprised.
I lived off dog food many times when homeless.
theres more nutrients in a tin of dogfood, than there is in most tinned human food.
sadly they put grit in the catfood. cos some of those catfoods are prime meat in them.
Cats can tell if theyre eating crap.

if I had no preps and the shtf, id loot as much good quality dogfood with the meaty chunks in as possible.

some dog food, baked into a pie is actually better than one with tinned pie filler.

id still rather have a chicken though lol
7 April 2013, 18:17,
In America there are big problems with coyotes, but the greater danger to humans is the hybrids. They get stray dogs breeding with coyotes, and hanging around the grey zone between urban and rural areas. They have no fear of humans (domesticated dogs), and a strong hunting instinct (coyotes.)

I think that mixed packs of strays will definitely be a danger post-shtf in the UK, though they will probably die out at the same rate as the looter scum due to population density and the initial drop in easy prey. Wolves would probably do well in long term post-shtf UK.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
7 April 2013, 18:21, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 18:38 by Luci_ferson.)
they used to cull the wolves that surrounded pripyat.
they haven't for over 30 years for obvious reasons.
now theres a population of wolves that is astronomical.
theyre currently being studied for scientific purposes.
but my point is ,
within 30 years the city is overrun hundreds of them in 1 small area/
all because society there went pear shaped and people left.#
the uk would be pretty similar I reckon.

but il probably be dead by then, so its more of a problem for my kids.

oh and y the way , they don't think the wolves are from the surrounding woods
they've used genetics and all the ones within pripyat coe from the same line.
they believe they are the decendants of a wolf from a zoo that bred with a wild one
one of the genes found in the pripyat wolves is not found in the other wolves.

and theyre a lot bigger than the other wolves.
but they believe its because they are using radioactive strontium from the fallout to build bone structure, as its very similar to calcium.

got to love the eden channel lol

useless fact Hybrids tend to be bigger than either of their parents. look for a liger theyre huge (lion/tiger)

The liger is a hybrid cross between a male lion (Panthera leo) and a tigress (Panthera tigris). Thus, it has parents with the same genus but of different species. It is distinct from the similar hybrid tiglon. It is the largest of all known extant felines.[1][2]

foget about the wolves, what about the ligers lol

Lions and tigers and bears oh my, lions and tigers and bears.

and don't forget our dearest cousin , the gorilla. theres hundreds of them in zoos all across the uk.
7 April 2013, 18:44,
(7 April 2013, 18:15)Luci_ferson Wrote: youd be surprised.
I lived off dog food many times when homeless.
theres more nutrients in a tin of dogfood, than there is in most tinned human food.
sadly they put grit in the catfood. cos some of those catfoods are prime meat in them.
Cats can tell if theyre eating crap.

if I had no preps and the shtf, id loot as much good quality dogfood with the meaty chunks in as possible.

some dog food, baked into a pie is actually better than one with tinned pie filler.

id still rather have a chicken though lol
Pedigree Chum mate tastes as good as any Fray Bentos PieBig Grin