Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
6 April 2013, 11:58,
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
I have noticed a few of these wolf sanctuary's popping up over the last few years and was wondering if anyone on the forum was living near one?
http://www.ukwolfsanctuary.co.uk/

If you are, have you prepped against the possibility that these wolves will probably escape and be roaming the countryside near you post SHTF?
How will you deal with these predators? And does anyone know what would happen if a pack of wolves met a pack of feral dogs post shtf? Will they interbreed or will one destroy the other to become the dominant predator?
Respect existence or expect resistance!
6 April 2013, 12:39,
RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
Quite a worrying thought if packs of wolves are roaming about, wouldnt fancy trying to fend them off. Not got any wolf rescue places near me that im aware of, wouldnt be surprised if some nutter owned one as wolf hybrid dogs seem to be one of the fashions at the minute, why you would want something so closly related to a wild animal is beyond me especialy as the people who get these dogs dont know what training is
6 April 2013, 13:24,
If wolves got out after SHTF they will think they are in Tesco's, all those fat dumb farm animals to eat, the population would explode. If I had the means I would shoot them. Life will be hard enough SHTF without having to worry about another top drawer predator.
6 April 2013, 14:03,
I think we'd still have more to worry about from feral dogs. Wolves are pretty shy and will generally stay away from humans unless starving etc.

Think of a pack of dogs who are used to humans and have no fear of them. This has happened across various conflict areas around the world.

There are supposed to be something like 8.3 million dogs in the uk. After a SHTF incident just think how many of these will revert back so I say sod the wolves, fido will be much more of a problem.
6 April 2013, 14:31, (This post was last modified: 6 April 2013, 14:33 by Metroyeti.)
Was it bosnia were british soldiers were getting an extra £20 a day if they went out shooting feral dogs? I think if you live near a wolf sanctury its worth having a few plans of what to do incase they escape/are released. There was the man in america who kept wolves,tigers,lions he released the lot and they had to kill the lot

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44970708/
6 April 2013, 14:45,
(6 April 2013, 14:31)Metroyeti Wrote: Was it bosnia were british soldiers were getting an extra £20 a day if they went out shooting feral dogs? I think if you live near a wolf sanctury its worth having a few plans of what to do incase they escape/are released. There was the man in america who kept wolves,tigers,lions he released the lot and they had to kill the lot

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44970708/

I don't know anything about them getting paid extra but yes they had to shoot them when they got the chance in the Balkans.
6 April 2013, 15:07,
Wolves are scared of people, most the time, so should be okay. We have 2 whippets, although they're not the greatest guard dogs, if I see them running away from something, I know it's probably best I get running too haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 April 2013, 15:31,
i think there is a wolf sanctuary SOUTH of Dartmoor(we're North) but its only a small outfit, i think roaming dogs will be more of a problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2013, 16:36, (This post was last modified: 6 April 2013, 16:38 by Luci_ferson.)
wolves wont be the only problem in the uk.
many zoos around the uk have dangerous animals.

granted most non native animals would die out from cold.
but many wouldn't and would adapt.
we know this from the many species that have already invaded our land and already managed to make it home.
everything from poisonous spiders to squirrels.

even scorpions have managed to set up home in London docklands

sometimes im glad to be up north where the winters are a little colder lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
6 April 2013, 16:41,
we already have wild animals who escaped from zoos roaming the Devon countryside(Cornwall too), they are only ever seen rarely in the distance and havent caused any problems, wild boar have been let loose from farms too and apart from ripping up the ground havent caused much problems either. post shtf i am sure they will keep well away from humans.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.