Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food to collect ( EGGS)
8 April 2013, 16:10,
RE: Food to collect ( EGGS)
they easy to find if you know the birds habbits, which is what the article was meant to be about.
every bird has a unique breeding time, pattern and courtship dance.
they also all have preferred nesting spots.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 16:50,
I know were the moorhens nests are, wouldnt fancy going after swans eggs unless I had someone to distract the parents
8 April 2013, 16:53,
(8 April 2013, 16:50)Metroyeti Wrote: I know were the moorhens nests are, wouldnt fancy going after swans eggs unless I had someone to distract the parents

dont try it before TSHTF ALL swans belong to the Queen-its off to the Tower for you my lad!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 17:11,
hes right the law still technically stands.
8 April 2013, 17:20, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 17:20 by Metroyeti.)
Theres two types of swan ones the queenies, and theres a different breed wich she doesnt own.

not sure if its urban legend but got told a tale about imigrants that caught killing swans to eat, if you dont know the laws of the land carnt blame them, thats one big oven youll need toroast a swan.

*got caught
8 April 2013, 17:27,
(8 April 2013, 17:20)Metroyeti Wrote: Theres two types of swan ones the queenies, and theres a different breed wich she doesnt own.

not sure if its urban legend but got told a tale about imigrants that caught killing swans to eat, if you dont know the laws of the land carnt blame them, thats one big oven youll need toroast a swan.

*got caught

"ignorance of the law is no defence"!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 17:32, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 17:33 by Luci_ferson.)
I wouldn't eat the swan. their eggs are huge.

nice bit of fire on the end of a stick should be able to get me to those nice eggs.
feathered and fury animals usually stay away from fire.

although I would be likely to get the awkward swan.
8 April 2013, 17:34,
(8 April 2013, 17:32)Luci_ferson Wrote: I wouldn't eat the swan. their eggs are huge.

nice bit of fire on the end of a stick should be able to get me to those nice eggs.
feathered and fury animals usually stay away from fire.

i've heard of swans breaking peoples arms with their wings, i am sure they'll be just as protective of their eggs as their chicks, i think you might be a bit safer going for a smaller bird!
8 April 2013, 17:38,
I reckon there'll be plenty of pigeon eggs about, Has anyone eaten one of those ?
Respect existence or expect resistance!
8 April 2013, 17:45,
no i havent, i heard someone say they had eaten a gulls egg and that it tasted very fishy.