Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY EVERY DAY CARRY
10 April 2013, 10:33,
RE: MY EVERY DAY CARRY
(10 April 2013, 10:22)bigpaul Wrote: i think your mixing up your EDC with your GHB and BOB!Big GrinBig Grin

My EDC is my GHB. One and the same.
10 April 2013, 10:43, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2013, 10:45 by Spandex228.)
Yep it is more like a GHB really but nowhere as near as bib as my BOB

(10 April 2013, 10:43)Spandex228 Wrote: Yep it is more like a GHB really but nowhere as near as bib as my BOB

Nowhere near as big as my BOB even
10 April 2013, 10:47,
(10 April 2013, 10:43)Spandex228 Wrote: Yep it is more like a GHB really but nowhere as near as bib as my BOB

Nowhere near as big as my BOB even

I hear that. I don't really have a BOB - The stuff we need for little'un mounts up quickly, should I have to bug out I'm going to need a bigger car...
10 April 2013, 15:30,
Yep, there's a difference in definitions being applied here.

I consider my EDC the items I put in my pockets when my trousers go on in the morning. They are not items I reach out for or grab a bag to acquire, they are on my person or in my pockets during all waking hours.

I also have other items I grab before I go out the door for any errand. They would also be considered EDC because I use them daily, they are carried on me, and never leave without them. In my situation that includes the wallet and my concealed carry weapons.

When I walk out the door those items will be on my person until I return home, not in a bag hidden in the boot of the car.

The boot of the vehicles, back seat or cargo area is a totally seperate sphere of activity. That is where the bag of anything is kept.

You do not want to see that list and most of you would not believe it anyway.
10 April 2013, 15:32,
(10 April 2013, 10:47)BeardyMan Wrote: I hear that. I don't really have a BOB - The stuff we need for little'un mounts up quickly, should I have to bug out I'm going to need a bigger car...

the stuff most parents seem to need for their children i think you'd be better of with a Luton Van!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 15:56,
This has been raised before and it seems to me that circumstances make things difficult for people to put these into nice neat labels like EDC, BoB and GHB.

Some people are never far from their home, BoB or car and carry no EDC. Having a bag in the van counts as a GHB or BoB if it contains what they need. Others are ready to go from the bang and carry their BoB in their van.

Myself, I have an EDC and in my car I have a GHB to get me home. In my house I have several bags packed and ready in case I have to BO quickly although I intend to stay put I am planning for when that is not possible.

No one size fits all and thus someones EDC can easily be their BoB or GHB just because they carry it around with them wherever they go. So a very comphrehensive EDC but no BoB or GHB but they don't need one.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2013, 16:40,
This whole thread kinda reminds me of the new york episode of Doomsday Preppers.

the wee asian chick with the 55l "EDC" bergen!!

My EDC is a 1957 british army knife given to me by the CO of our unit, has kinda sentimental value too.

and a lighter!

If i can't get through a night with that then its a worry!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
26 September 2013, 23:35,
All great.
I keep my bob in my car as generally, this is always outside somewhere I am..
Personally, I carry a small opinel folding knife, suvival wallet tool in my wallet, a zippo and 3 metres of paracord on my wrist.
I'd hope the most valuable item I carry is my experiances from the forces and what i've leqrnt since.
27 September 2013, 01:07,
My EDC is carried in my cranium..
The most important item of my GHB is the addition to my EDC of good quality & suitable footwear - already on my feet.
Everything else is a bonus as the situation allows.
What I carry at any one time is offset against the risks I estimate for that particular time period. I do not have a 1 bag does everything philosophy.
My BOB is not packed and I don't envisage having to leave my base with such an urgency that I will not have time to tailor my BOB load to the individual possibly widely varying circumstance. I have modular small groupings of kit that can be easily packed or not to suit. This would not be "My Every Day carry" anyway. ;-)
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"