Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY EVERY DAY CARRY
8 April 2013, 06:49,
RE: MY EVERY DAY CARRY
Its sounds like you are mixing up your EDC and get home bag.

Everyday Carry is usually refers to small items worn or carried in pockets, pouches or handbags to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies.

A GHB should contain the minimal amount of items to support you in getting home within a 24-hour period.
Failure is NOT an option
8 April 2013, 09:44,
Hi Spandex228

Sounds like a pretty good kit.

I used to have a similar system to you, but got annoyed at always walking around carrying my bag. I'm not the most agile guy on earth and having a bag with me at all times didn't help when looking at plates and glasses in Debenhams haha.

I have since reduced my EDC into the categories I see most likely and need most assistance with.

1. Protection.
This is where knives and the alike come in.
2. Weather.
Jackets, and wearing the correct clothing. Usually I'll have a waterproof, but if the weather isn't looking too bad, I risk not having one.
3. Sustenance.
This is just water and food. Not carrying it with me always as I like to have a big meal before I go out and we can survive days without food and water. Have a keyring tin opener if need be.
4. Contacts.
Mobile phone. Use to carry change for a pay phone, but I don't have many people that I'm inclined to call.
5. Sundries.
Money, Wallet, Keys (keyring it a damn good thing to 'stealth EDC'), Lock picks, pens, torch.

That's about it mate. As for first aid, I need to put together a new mini FAK. Was working on one, but got distracted by moving house. Will be putting a new one together soon. Will be getting some quick clot stuff off Beardy.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2013, 10:13,
(8 April 2013, 09:44)Scythe13 Wrote: Will be getting some quick clot stuff off Beardy.

Out of stock at the moment mate, SD cleaned me out!!
8 April 2013, 10:14,
(8 April 2013, 10:13)BeardyMan Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 09:44)Scythe13 Wrote: Will be getting some quick clot stuff off Beardy.

Out of stock at the moment mate, SD cleaned me out!!

Damn that SD!!!

Know when you're getting more in?
8 April 2013, 10:18,
I'll try and get some more when the exchange rate picks up a bit. Only problem with importing stuff, exchange rate is poo, and the postage costs a shit load too. Then customs normally want their cut (+ £7 for "admin").

So I can get more, but not at that price unfortunately!
8 April 2013, 10:40,
(8 April 2013, 10:18)BeardyMan Wrote: I'll try and get some more when the exchange rate picks up a bit. Only problem with importing stuff, exchange rate is poo, and the postage costs a shit load too. Then customs normally want their cut (+ £7 for "admin").

So I can get more, but not at that price unfortunately!

That's cool mate. We're hijacking this thread. Best to PM now.
10 April 2013, 02:02,
(7 April 2013, 19:38)Spandex228 Wrote: Hi all Im after advice on Every Day Carry, especially any ways mine can be improved, mine consists of a small black day sack containing first aid kit including kwik clot,
large first field dressing
bottle of water
goretex jacket
small survival tin/kit
thermos flask
food inc chocolate
lenser torch
spare torch batteries
small legal carry knife
light weight fleece jacket
small legal pocket knife
hand crank radio
pain killers
head torch
lip salve
small army tin opener
watch
spare mobile phone
spare battery operated phone charger
heavy duty rubbish bag
change for phone
cash
passport
note book and pencil
spare walking socks
warm hat
leather gloves
small fire lighting kit
sharpie permenant marker
lighter
peanut lighter on key ring
bic lighter
gerber artefact tool on key chain
small niteze marker id tag
all gear in EDC bag is in water proof dry bags
spare watch (what if you only have one and it breaks or stops)

Any advice or comments on how to improve my EDC will be appreciated thanks

My first question is, if you carry this every day;
What do you carry it in?
How do you explain it's presence?
10 April 2013, 10:06,
Thats a fair bit of stuff. What is your commute? for example i live a 30 min walk from work so i carry very little with me, just the usual keys, phone (with built in torch),wallet and medicine that i need as well as appropriate clothing for the time of year which at the moment is a M65 jacket scarf and gloves. because of the route i take and the distance from my other supplies i can justify not taking much. Can you justify all your items?
10 April 2013, 10:17,
My kit is carried in a small black day sack and I find me working and commuting at all different distances but it impractical to carry a full BOB
10 April 2013, 10:22,
i think your mixing up your EDC with your GHB and BOB!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.