Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
9 April 2013, 18:20,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
[quote='Skean Dhude' pid='53384' dateline='1365527598']

When one civilisation falls history shows there is a long period of darkness that last several lifetimes. Don't hold your breath.

Nobody will be there to give us a helping hand.
[/quote) good, i can live out my life, the way i want to live.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 18:40, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 18:43 by Luci_ferson.)
(9 April 2013, 18:13)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(9 April 2013, 17:25)Luci_ferson Wrote: and like the great phoenix
as one civilization gos down in flames . another usually springs to take its place.
its just a case of staying alive long enough.

When one civilisation falls history shows there is a long period of darkness that last several lifetimes. Don't hold your breath.

Now if it was just the UK and therefore more a culture change like the falling of the Berlin Wall then we could make it but it is the whole planet. Nobody will be there to give us a helping hand.

strangely enough i reckon its a 95% chance that your exactly right

im not prepping for my own survival, im prepping for my own childrens futures in their new world.
its a world a lot of kids will only ever remember.

hopefully il live long enough to set them on their way prepared.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 18:58,
(9 April 2013, 18:20)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 April 2013, 18:13)Skean Dhude Wrote: When one civilisation falls history shows there is a long period of darkness that last several lifetimes. Don't hold your breath.

Nobody will be there to give us a helping hand.
good, i can live out my life, the way i want to live.

Be careful what you wish for. Things rarely work out as planned.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2013, 08:38,
it'll be a lot better than what we've got now, nice big die off and start again, get rid of the human garbage and get back to a rural lifestyle.think Amish without the religion.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 20:08,
(10 April 2013, 08:38)bigpaul Wrote: it'll be a lot better than what we've got now

You hope.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2013, 21:52,
(10 April 2013, 08:38)bigpaul Wrote: it'll be a lot better than what we've got now, nice big die off and start again, get rid of the human garbage and get back to a rural lifestyle.think Amish without the religion.

The trouble with this BP is that it might be the trash, the bad guys that survive and not the good,.. the bad guys could survive through violence, while the good guys struggle

We just have to plan better and take this into consideration
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 April 2013, 09:13,
(10 April 2013, 21:52)Highlander Wrote: The trouble with this BP is that it might be the trash, the bad guys that survive and not the good,.. the bad guys could survive through violence, while the good guys struggle

We just have to plan better and take this into consideration

in the big cities you could be right HL, but i reckon eventually all the bad guys will kill each other off, out here in the countryside things would be different.
14 April 2013, 17:58,
Sardo, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you! I figure that the US will be the second economy to topple... the first to go will be either Italy or Spain. Prep like there's no tomorrow, because there may not be...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
14 April 2013, 18:17,
(14 April 2013, 17:58)Jonas Wrote: Sardo, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you!

Haha, well said.

If things really get as bad as other posters suggest then there really isn't much I can do to prepare anyway so I am going to prepare for an economic collapse and the government imposed dystopia which will follow as this is the most likely outcome imo, and in this scenario food will be good but PM's will be good too as a black market will likely exist and that black market will need currency to function and not of the government/fiat type.

So what food should I be buying, I really don't have a clue.
14 April 2013, 18:54,
welcome from the s east coast. solar panels, even the 12-18v ones are well worth it! in the coming future, it will save u alot of money what with the continuous rise of nrg prices.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!