Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under ground storage containers
21 November 2011, 20:09,
RE: Under ground storage containers
Careful Carl years ago someone found out that Tupperware buried in either Acidic or Alkaline soil for any length of time went brittle, cant remember which or where the heck i read it though.

21 November 2011, 20:46,
I got a few more plastic air tight containers today from the son in laws chippy next door ;-)
Watch your six
21 November 2011, 22:11,
Northern Raider - I have yet to pop my underground storage cherry!

21 November 2011, 23:11,
(21 November 2011, 22:11)Bald Carl Wrote: Northern Raider - I have yet to pop my underground storage cherry!

Best bet is plastic drain pipe and solvent welded end caps, I used to buy a 2 or 4 meter length, prs of end caps, solvent and a drop of silicone and make caching tubes about 3 ft long.

22 November 2011, 21:57, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2011, 21:58 by mikebratcher69.)
dont forget make sure beedy eyes arnt watching...youd be amazed at how many people suddlenly apear when your doing something you dont want anyone to see....
And no before you ask I dont mean peeping through the ladies windows...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
23 November 2011, 11:42,
(19 November 2011, 20:33)Skean Dhude Wrote: Burying a cache ... You need to dig a lot. I used a mini BobCat.
Skean,

If you used a mini-bobcat to bury it what will it take to dig it up?
If this is a remote cache there is a good chance that you don't have anything to dig with, you *might* be fortunate enough to have a small folding camp shovel.
If you’ve buried it deep with a bobcat will you be able to get it back again without another bobcat?
If you're worried about people with metal detectors (finding a cache on your property), bury empty cans and other metal junk all over your lawn as decoys.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
23 November 2011, 16:04,
Skvez,

I considered that but I used the BobCat because it was done in less than an hour and it was buried deep. I can spend a while digging for these and there is little risk of someone coming across them by accident. It will take a ground scanning radar to find them and thus for all intent and purposes they are invisible.

Things I need quickly are much closer to hand including the digging tool to get to the buried stuff.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 November 2011, 16:42,
My stuff is hidden shallow and in odd places, base of a dry stone wall, hanging by a cord from a ladder rung down a storm drain, under a 3x2 paving stone, inside a false stench pipe down the side of a house, inside a pond filter, under a propane tanks soak away etc, I know its slightly more risky but I think I have offset the risk by having more mini caches than normal