Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine.
11 April 2013, 16:01,
RE: Quarantine.
Phony signs???

Don't even think about it!!

The standard for dealing with any quarenteed structures not showing signs of life is...

BURN IT DOWN!!!

It life signs are showing, espically signs of healthy activity, you will be found out and delt with.
12 April 2013, 17:33,
(11 April 2013, 11:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: Sounds like good honest Texan common sense to me mate. Anyone approaching or entering your property with honest intentions would make themselves known wouldn't they? you have to assume anyone skulking around has bad intentions towards you and your property, or why would they be sneaking in the first place?
I could not imagine the amount of shit that would drop on my/our head if anyone over here did that. If you were a gun owner I have no doubt all your weapons would be confiscated and your licence revoked, and the simple fact is you would fear what the police would do to you more than the burglerAngry
I don't know what the situation is in Texas regarding proposed gun control, but the view from here seems to be that the US Government is focussed on a campaign of negativity regarding gun owners in the USA, reacting with media hype and spin every unfortunate episode of death where guns are involved. I also find it very telling that the media don't broadcast instances where guns have saved lives on a regular basis (or do they?).
Protection is the fundamental core of prepping for me, because that is what we do isn't it, we protect against food shortages, we protect against water shortages, and we try to protect our loved ones from every eventuality, our job as preppers is protection!, and without wanting to sound macho,, our job as men is to protect our women and children from other men who want to do them harm.

"Gun control" down here simply means hitting what you're aiming for. If you want a list of gun owners in most small Texas towns, the local telephone book is probably more accurate than any list the government can compile.

As far as crap hitting me if I shot someone on my property, as long as I follow the laws I'm good to go. Texas has a very strong "castle doctrine" law, which along with the high percentage of an armed population, has really decreased attacks against persons, occupied dwellings, carjackings, etc.

An armed society is a polite society. Thats why these nutcase shooters who get all the media time generally do their "mass shootings" in a venue where firearms are NOT allowed. It's safe and easy for a whack-brained psycho to shoot little schoolkids and unarmed civilians in a place with tight "gun control" laws and the criminals and crazies generally aren't worried about breaking laws anyway.

Once the SHTF, then I'll switch to the famed Texas "Three S" rule:
Shoot!
Shovel!
Shut up!

Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
12 April 2013, 17:35,
(10 April 2013, 16:26)bigpaul Wrote: we've already got a sign that says:STOP-NO salesmen, NO canvassers,NO cold callers, NO religious groups, We do not buy anything off the doorstep.....i think that covers most things, also there is a chain across the drive at night.

we have just added a "no entry" sign to the chain!Blush
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2013, 18:17, (This post was last modified: 12 April 2013, 18:18 by Mortblanc.)
What do you do if the person hiding in the bush doing recon on your lair can read only Arabic?

Or turns out one of your "chavs" that can't read at all, or forgot how due to a dope fogged brain?

let's face it, signs are for us and the soliciters for use in the courtroom during legal proceedings, not for "protecting" the BOL when ROL has evaporated.
12 April 2013, 19:57,
Quote:"Gun control" down here simply means hitting what you're aiming for

SmileThat's going in my "Quotable quotes" list!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
13 April 2013, 08:37,
(12 April 2013, 18:17)Mortblanc Wrote: What do you do if the person hiding in the bush doing recon on your lair can read only Arabic?

Or turns out one of your "chavs" that can't read at all, or forgot how due to a dope fogged brain?

let's face it, signs are for us and the soliciters for use in the courtroom during legal proceedings, not for "protecting" the BOL when ROL has evaporated.

this is for now, after TSHTF its shoot first and ask questions later, anyone on my property without my permission is up to no good and i will act accordingly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 April 2013, 18:00,
(12 April 2013, 18:17)Mortblanc Wrote: What do you do if the person hiding in the bush doing recon on your lair can read only Arabic?

Uh, aim for his turban? Idea
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
13 April 2013, 18:04,
(13 April 2013, 18:00)Jonas Wrote:

Uh, aim for his turban? Idea
your thinking Sikhs not arabs! arabs wear that big scarf thing like Yasser Arofat used to wear, i've got one somewhere around hereTongue