Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital security food for thought.
11 April 2013, 22:47,
RE: Digital security food for thought.
You can still shop online with CC but just be careful. I have a few CC and I use one for my work purchases and everything that can be linked back with the others for what I want to keep seperate. It isn't perfect but what can you do.You can also cash up a paypal account and use that as an online card. Create a few acounts and keep your stuff seperate. There are limits but work within them. Use cash.

I also like to waste their time. So I transfer money around my accounts. It's FOC for me, I don't make any interest anyway but if you transfer enough then the bank has to mar the transaction, someone has to check it isn't illegal and that wastes their time. The same principle as complaining. Every time you deal with government and it doesn't go the way you want. Complain. SOmeone has to check it and then get back to you. Appeal that, someone else has to check and so you waste their time. That way they don't have the resources to handle their surviellance state. The cash is running out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 April 2013, 10:49,
(11 April 2013, 22:47)Skean Dhude Wrote: The same principle as complaining. Every time you deal with government and it doesn't go the way you want. Complain. SOmeone has to check it and then get back to you. Appeal that, someone else has to check and so you waste their time. That way they don't have the resources to handle their surviellance state. The cash is running out.

I done this for my son's passport. I paid extra for the 7 day service & it took 8 days. I complained & complained & then complained some more. Yeah it might've cost me £100 or whatever for the passport, but it cost them a hell of a lot more to deal with my complaints.
12 April 2013, 12:03,
I would suggest you folks look at the TOR project where you can go online and surf the web anonymously without recording your IP address, you can also change your IP at will. Unfortunately going on FB etc is not recommended even using TOR and there will be some applications you will not be able to use.

https://www.torproject.org/
12 April 2013, 14:20,
(12 April 2013, 12:03)Tartar Horde Wrote: I would suggest you folks look at the TOR project where you can go online and surf the web anonymously without recording your IP address, you can also change your IP at will. Unfortunately going on FB etc is not recommended even using TOR and there will be some applications you will not be able to use.

I use this at home - check out the silk road. Good if you are pharmaceutically minded.

You can find the link yourself though Tongue
12 April 2013, 16:04,
(12 April 2013, 14:20)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 April 2013, 12:03)Tartar Horde Wrote: I would suggest you folks look at the TOR project where you can go online and surf the web anonymously without recording your IP address, you can also change your IP at will. Unfortunately going on FB etc is not recommended even using TOR and there will be some applications you will not be able to use.

I use this at home - check out the silk road. Good if you are pharmaceutically minded.

You can find the link yourself though Tongue

hehe you bad boy Silk Road was far more interesting when they had the gun marketBig Grin
12 April 2013, 17:01,
(11 April 2013, 21:51)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I've just been onto Facebook & it came up with a "suggested post" & it was prepper related. Thought I had ultra private but obviously not. I've never mentioned anything on Facebook about prepping so they got that info somewhere

I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, and I don't own a cell phone. E-mails to the kids are of the "how are the grandkids" variety. I try not to make it too easy for the "snoops"...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
15 April 2013, 15:40,
(12 April 2013, 16:04)Tartar Horde Wrote: hehe you bad boy Silk Road was far more interesting when they had the gun marketBig Grin

Aye, no one wanted to send anything to the UK though Sad

Surprised there's nothing else similar popped up yet.