Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items to bring to a camping meet...
13 April 2013, 00:22, (This post was last modified: 13 April 2013, 00:26 by Scythe13.)
Items to bring to a camping meet...
Really should have done this sooner, but not had time.

Item 1....Your BOB.
That should be able to cover everything you'd need amd the camp becomes a good tester too.

Item 2. Extra clothes.
You might get dirty and cold....no s*** S13! But even then some people forget a change of socks, boxers and the alike. Barney that includes spare bras for you mate haha.

Item 3. Toilet Paper.
Work out why you need this. Diahorrea is funny if you don't have it. And nobody WANTS to share toilet paper really.

Item 4. Small digging implement.
This is to be used before the toilet paper. If anyone treads in your poop, it's a good way to find out their favourite stabbing implement! Also, it's just not cool to poo on the floor. Even cats bury it....usually.

Item 5. Spare water and purification tablets.
Yes, some people really do forget.

Item 6. Money
Not loads, but people might be selling equipment or you may need to buy stuff you forgot that they have some of. You might get it for free, but manners say you should offer to cover cost of replacement.

Item 7. Food.
Same as water....some people simply forget to bring it.
9. Flipflops.

Item 8. Waterproofs.
If they're not in your BOB, they should be. Consider this your reminded.

Item

Phone is playing up.

Item 9. Flipflops.
It's easier to get them dried out than it is to sort out shoes and socks every time you leave the tent.

Item 10. Spare perishables for the BOB
This is is something you need, but don't take with you. You'll need to put these into your BOB as soon as you're home.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2013, 21:11,
RE: Items to bring to a camping meet...
I like the idea of bring a tent you can "house a medium sized American family" in

at least it's somewhere where people can shelter and get a brew if it pissing it down Big Grin
15 April 2013, 21:15,
What,.. wasn't there any bashers there,..tut, tut
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 April 2013, 21:17,
there was one basha but due to the lack of trees in our field my back up two man tent was used
15 April 2013, 21:57,
Two bashas but due to the wind car was used.

On this weekend anything like a one man tent or a basha was only going to stay there whilst someone was there to make sure it didn't take off and leave you homeless.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 April 2013, 07:58,
....but a basher angled the right way, i.e. pegs into the ground on the windward side and kept low using extendable rods is going to give you what you need and will stay up in the wind,.. use bungy cords instead of para cord so that the basher has flexibility,..... but I agree you would be best to stay with it,... hotel Volvo sounded good to though SD
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 April 2013, 09:43,
I totally agree with you there Highlander. Face the basha's downward section, secured into the ground, towards the wind. But when the wind was changing direction 4 or 5 times in the first day alone, that kind of became VERY difficult.

I did try to get my basha up, but when I asked SD what direction the wind was coming in from, he pointed up the valley and said "It was from there this morning, then come lunch is was behind us, and now it's going the other way down the valley." So I figured, screw it, I'll but up the tent haha.
16 April 2013, 09:48,
i would add a small folding trowel and a lighter to item no:3 for those number two`s
16 April 2013, 09:54,
(16 April 2013, 09:48)Mosstrooper Wrote: i would add a small folding trowel and a lighter to item no:3 for those number two`s

I'm more of a minimalist prepper. for example, I don't do cutlery because it's easy enough to make chopsticks. So, I take a similar view to this for the poo issue. I just grab a stick and use that to dig a hole and poop into that. Down does the toilet paper into the hole as well. Toilet paper is not only biodegradeable, but if you leave a clean bit hanging out of the hole, it's a good marker for people to not tread where you've pooped.
16 April 2013, 10:00,
you should really dig down to 6" or more ideally more
couldnt resist a webby search for you info

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/tech/shitter.html