Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items to bring to a camping meet...
16 April 2013, 10:07,
RE: Items to bring to a camping meet...
(16 April 2013, 10:00)Mosstrooper Wrote: you should really dig down to 6" or more ideally more
couldnt resist a webby search for you info

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/tech/shitter.html

I'm having a poo, not digging a trench. Either way, a stick will suffice, for me.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 April 2013, 13:57,
i really must be getting old, you have to tell people what to bring when camping??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 April 2013, 16:23,
(16 April 2013, 13:57)bigpaul Wrote: i really must be getting old, you have to tell people what to bring when camping??

Yep, got to agree.

You guys need to get sorted out and do a couple of test runs on your own just to prevent embarassment!

Sounds like camping is an infrequent or almost unknown activity among the segment.

Now, get your scout handbooks out, read the equipments lists and jump over to the sanitation section and take some notes!

One of the things they will recommend is that any group of campers should dig a latrine for an overnignt stay. Yes you will need a trench!

BTW, I have friends that camp all over the UK in designated campgrounds having water and sanatation facilities. Most are just a short hike from bus routes but well out in the country so you can practice your rough shelters and pit fires and still poo in a specific and safe place, not step in it during the night and have safe water to drink.
16 April 2013, 17:00,
Guys,

There were no issues. A porta loo was provided so no digging required. Water was provided so no tablets or purification rigs. Everyone had everything they needed. Hell there was a Tesco's 2 miles away and a TravelLodge 5 miles away. Not exactly the ends of the Earth.

Nobody starved on the two nights we were there. Nobody shared toilet paper nor needed help peeing in canteens. I don't recollect anyone needing rescued either. No kissed of life, which was lucky for whoever would have needed it.

Pretty uneventful. Just fired off a couple of hundred .22LR and a poor tree was the designated target because targets didn't reset remotely and it was raining so we couldn't be bothered walking the 100 yards to put the clump on top of the stick.

If you look back at the start of the thread it is just Scythe imparting his wisdom on what should be. It isn't a list of mistakes we made.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 April 2013, 17:09,
[quote='Skean Dhude' pid='54195' dateline='1366128041 it is just Scythe imparting his wisdom on what should be. It isn't a list of mistakes we made.
[/quote]

probably just as well, you wouldnt be very good preppers if it was, excuse me while i have a good guffaw!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 April 2013, 19:35,
We want pics!!!

Pics or it did not happen!!!

I know someone had a phone or camera!!
17 April 2013, 08:42,
If you check it out, I posted this list before I set off on the journey up there, just as something someone might forget one thing and the list was to act as a quick reminder.
22 April 2013, 11:07,
A decent pair of leather gloves. Most useful thing when you're round by the campfire. Save messing around with sticks or burning yourself when you're trying to lift your cook set out of the fire.
22 April 2013, 11:13,
(22 April 2013, 11:07)BeardyMan Wrote: A decent pair of leather gloves. Most useful thing when you're round by the campfire. Save messing around with sticks or burning yourself when you're trying to lift your cook set out of the fire.

One thing with leather gloves, and it's a bit of a gay suggestion but still important, make sure you moisturise them...especially when you're around a camp fire. The heat can cause them to dry out and crack. Keep some good moisturiser on them and it's all happy times.
22 April 2013, 12:16, (This post was last modified: 22 April 2013, 12:48 by Tartar Horde.)
taking moisturiser camping for rubbing into your gloves waaaahahahhahaha PMSLBig Grin

You see Scythe I had this image of you standing there in the early morning light on the hillside, spear in hand, rippled body (so you tell usBig Grin) smeared with ash, wearing nothing but a Rabbit skin loincloth surveying the herds below you.
THEN
just out the corner of my eye a small jar of moisturiser comes floating by chasing you down the hillside shouting "it rubs it in, it rubs it in".
I'm gonna have to make you a flint spearhead so you can claim back your "Cromness" Tongue