Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the 12 day rule.
15 April 2013, 09:50,
RE: the 12 day rule.
(13 April 2013, 11:29)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 April 2013, 11:27)preservefreak Wrote: lucky you ^^

YEAH!!Big GrinBig Grin now you know why we picked this place when we wanted to come home to Devon.

I thought you were on a council housing estate? Can you pick where you live in that situation?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2013, 10:52,
I think this is an important subject for a UK forum, as the 'die off' is more important here than most of the world, due to population density. A country with more people than there is farm land to support them is going to go tits up quicker than putting on a Wonderbra!
It's a sad, but in a long term situation (big NEO impact and the like), a UK prepper really can't get on with any long term surviving (farming etc) until a sufficient percentage of people a have karked it.
There are so many variables, I think it's going to be hard to get a consensus on when that would be though. I also think it would vary all over the country.

Sleep need seems to vary from person to person. Personally, I really can't function on much less than 6 hours for more than a couple of days. My immune system seems to shut down. Other people around me seem to cope better, I just seem to be particularly susceptible to that.

At least I have few extra of those '5 day lbs' to keep me going.
15 April 2013, 11:30,
(15 April 2013, 09:50)Scythe13 Wrote: I thought you were on a council housing estate? Can you pick where you live in that situation?

nope not entirely and its called "social housing" these days, part Housing Association, part Owner occupied and part private letting, its not a large estate-i have lived on much larger estates, and we arent IN town we are right on the parish boundary, about a mile from the town square, population of 1,300 which in some places is the population of a village. and YES you CAN pick your location if you already live in social housing, you do a SWAP with another tenant which is what we did.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 11:51,
It looks reasonable to me.

Staying indoors and hardley moving the 500 cals should be enough to keep the body ticking over. Not what you want but keeps your body going. Wrapping up in blankets etc. keeps you warm and dry. No wasted energy and plenty to drink. It's similar to what I'm planning but not just lying there barely surviving.

It's a very short term tactical solution to a very specific situation.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin