Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
composting for the homeowner.
13 April 2013, 16:49,
composting for the homeowner.
http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/composti...WjQMMorLIU
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 April 2013, 13:53,
RE: composting for the homeowner.
Interesting, I never thought of composting lint. For some reason I find composting quite exciting. But I don't normally admit to this.
14 April 2013, 14:10,
nature has been composting for millions of years, if she hadnt we'd be up to our necks in dead leaves and stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 April 2013, 19:06, (This post was last modified: 14 April 2013, 19:09 by Straight Shooter.)
I compost all I can ..... great for my garden ....BP have you got a PULL LIFT I can borrow ....got a felling axe fast in a cabbage...can't get the bugger free

Or a block n tackle that might work

Before you ask ....the tow rope snapped
14 April 2013, 19:24,
(14 April 2013, 19:06)Straight Shooter Wrote: I compost all I can ..... great for my garden ....BP have you got a PULL LIFT I can borrow ....got a felling axe fast in a cabbage...can't get the bugger free

Or a block n tackle that might work

Before you ask ....the tow rope snapped

Sorry S had a fit of the giggles reading your post, I'm obviously reading it wrong - a block and tackle for a cabbage?? What are you growing over there?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
14 April 2013, 20:59, (This post was last modified: 14 April 2013, 21:02 by Straight Shooter.)
Its the compost mary.... been over to check on axe ...and bugger me I was startled by 2 sheep under the bottom leaves...but problem over now my mate been over with his mini digger....struggled a bit ...but its out now... will have to pump up the tyre on the wheel barrow now though

This thinning out can be a pain in the arse
15 April 2013, 16:43,
Crikey, S! What are you feeding your plants on? Lob a bit in this direction will you - I've always wanted some sheep!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
15 April 2013, 19:03,
i know i keep referring to the wonders of black strap sugar molasses but lol, if u mix up a table spoon (or so) per bucket of warm water and water your compost, the sugars attract and feed the bactiriers needed to keep the roots in tip top condition and also improve the taste of things ten fold! any friut/veg yielding plant will thrive on molasses!! well worth researching.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
15 April 2013, 19:09,
Many thanks for that WM will do that....where do you buy yours
15 April 2013, 19:47, (This post was last modified: 15 April 2013, 19:54 by Wildman.)
(15 April 2013, 19:09)Straight Shooter Wrote: Many thanks for that WM will do that....where do you buy yours

online or Adams and jarret.......i personally use a brand called meridian, its organic and has prooved to be the best for me, but they all work pretty well.

also another tip-go on to any hydroponics shop online or on the streets and buy some perlite. mix this to your compost to max the rotting stage and most importantly. perlite are tiny white flecks witch hold air even when watered, so later when your crop is blooming the perlite will give more air to the roots meaning a higher yield at harvest!!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!