Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cling film as shrink-rap
14 April 2013, 14:53,
cling film as shrink-rap
cling film works perfectly for shrink rapping. i rapped up a tv box and but it in the basement. basement flooded big time! i'm telling u man this flood was bloody tidal!!! no shit! flood resided when the sea was at low tide and came back with the flow lol. anyway, load of stuff got ruined, the tv box was left intact!! cling film imo should b right up along side gaffa tape and empty jars.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
14 April 2013, 20:50,
RE: cling film as shrink-rap
It's great stuff, I agree. Great for most wrapping needs.

I think most people use black bags and the alike simply because they're harder to rip than cling film, in their opinions. Not sure what it's like on price though. Wrapping a TV in clingfilm is probably more expensive than black-baging it and wrapping the top down with tape for extra water tightness.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 April 2013, 22:16,
35p a pack, I used half and no tape lol
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
15 April 2013, 09:55,
(14 April 2013, 22:16)Wildman Wrote: 35p a pack, I used half and no tape lol

Nice. Where are you getting it at that price?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2013, 12:01,
Hopethe flood didnt affect you tomuch
15 April 2013, 16:12, (This post was last modified: 15 April 2013, 16:15 by Wildman.)
(15 April 2013, 09:55)Scythe13 Wrote:
(14 April 2013, 22:16)Wildman Wrote: 35p a pack, I used half and no tape lol

Nice. Where are you getting it at that price?

morisons savers about a year ago, might be abit more now but shouldnt be to much.

(15 April 2013, 12:01)Metroyeti Wrote: Hopethe flood didnt affect you tomuch

thanks metroyeti, well the stuff in the basement was old anyway and the tv box had no tv in. i rapped the box and put it in the basement so we had a box to put the tv in when we moved, so not to bad. although i was gutted when the landlord said he'd put it all on his house insurance, and then a day later said he couldnt!! that was harsh lol
21 April 2013, 23:33, (This post was last modified: 21 April 2013, 23:40 by BDG.)
I used to use huge rolls of it in a factory I worked in to wrap products. Really opened my eyes to what I thought was something for train spotters sandwiches.

- Also, if you have a burn that is likely to let infection in, clingfilm is what you need.

- You can also mat clingfilm, if you get it neat, to make a tarp that could cover a shelter

- Also, if you have a burn that is likely to let infection in, clingfilm is what you need.

- You can also mat clingfilm, if you get it neat, to make a tarp that could cover a shelter