Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to starve in style.....kind of
15 April 2013, 13:52,
RE: How to starve in style.....kind of
Feeling pretty good. Is that the same as seeing the light. Your body can react in different ways. What were they like at day 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 25. I bet good dioesn't describe it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 April 2013, 14:03,
there was the cases of the conscientious objector in WW11 that volunteered to starve ,so were put on half ration for four weeks then 1/4 ration for 20 weeks ,and they did say that there was a good and well feeling about them ,but dont think its a good idea to starve your self
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 April 2013, 14:16,
Keeping warm also be needs to be factored in as the uk is not always the warmest place!
walk outside the box
15 April 2013, 14:18,
But Jesus will keep you warm

sorry, punish me but I had tooAngry
15 April 2013, 14:20,
there will be plenty of people like that post SHTF "the lord will provide"....oh yeah, he's got an account at sainbury's has he??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 14:34, (This post was last modified: 15 April 2013, 14:53 by Mortblanc.)
Once again you fellows are allowing your fanatical antifanaticism to derail an informative thread.

Almost all religions have accounts of long fasts, that is not unusual or unexpected.

We also have the documented accounts of fasts in the historical context, both voluntary and involuntary,

Gahandi endured at least one 21 day fast in protest of British policy.

Several of the IRA prisoners have fasted unto death in the past 50 years.

During WW2 the Jewish doctors kept records for use against their tormentors at war's end.

By all scientific accounts the body shuts down and goes into starvation mode after only a few days, conserving calories and operating my effeciently on the calories it has. All modern diets warn of this characteristic.

Just keep in mind that most of us are overweight. At 3500 calories per pound of fat, with our bodies needing 2,000 calories per day to sustain, we will not achieve "normal body weight" until 15 days into the fast!

Possibly longer if our bodies have gone into starvation mode and are workign more efficiently

That takes into account starting at ten pounds over recommended weight.

The heavier one is the longer they will last.

That is why it is easy to put on and hard to take off! Our bodies are designed for these "feast and famine cycles". Modern men simply have more feast than famine to endure.

It is a simple math calculation to find how long one would last before the body fat index started leaching brain tissue for nutrition!

One is in the "danger zone" at 2-5% body fat.

Figure how many calories one would have to shed before reaching that level and do the math.

Adding back in calories extends the process, naturally.
15 April 2013, 15:01,
(15 April 2013, 14:34)Mortblanc Wrote: Just keep in mind that most of us are overweight. At 3500 calories per pound of fat, with our bodies needing 2,000 calories per day to sustain, we will not achieve "normal body weight" until 15 days into the fast!

The heavier one is the longer they will last.

well thats alright then, i'll probably last longer than all you lean "racing snakes" then, why do you think i'm called "BIG" Paul??TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 15:10,
I know after the juice diet ( a diet where you only drink fruit juice) when you eat solids it shoots through your system so fast it is best to eat on the loo
15 April 2013, 15:11,
(15 April 2013, 15:10)SecretPrepper Wrote: I know after the juice diet ( a diet where you only drink fruit juice) when you eat solids it shoots through your system so fast it is best to eat on the loo

just try 3 bowls of all bran one after the other, i spent the whole night on the loo-slept on it too!Big GrinBig Grin
15 April 2013, 15:14,
(15 April 2013, 15:11)bigpaul Wrote: just try 3 bowls of all bran one after the other, i spent the whole night on the loo-slept on it too!Big GrinBig Grin

HAHA talk about too much info Tongue