Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
2 May 2013, 20:40,
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
Just a thought,..I havent tried it,.. but I wonder how a 6 inch nail would fair?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 May 2013, 15:39,
(2 May 2013, 20:40)Highlander Wrote: Just a thought,..I havent tried it,.. but I wonder how a 6 inch nail would fair?

"suck it and see"Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 23:17,
(2 May 2013, 20:40)Highlander Wrote: Just a thought,..I havent tried it,.. but I wonder how a 6 inch nail would fair?

Pretty poorly, i ground the head off 1 and applied a small gaffer tape vane and at approximately 2 feet it hits with authority but at 6 feet it has a trajectory like a rainbow ie aim point at chest height impact point by knees Rolleyes

I was tempted to cut one in half or go and source some thinner 4 or 5 inchers but cost of nails versus cost of bolts on ebay made the temptation easy to resist. Big Grin
10 May 2013, 08:18,
bolts are so cheap on ebay its not worth the effort.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2013, 10:29,
I used to work with a guy who made broadheads in the workshop on night shift.

He filed slots into the jaws of an old vice so that when the vice was closed there was a tapered hole down between the jaws, it tapered right down to nothing. He clamped two pieces of thin sheet steel in the vice, then hammered a tapered pin down between them which forced the steel sheet into the tapered hole. Then, he removed the sheets from the vice, brazed the two halves together, shaped and sharpened them. I think you would avoid stretching the steel so much if you made a jig that held the steel sheets in place whilst you closed the vice jaws, but he never did.

Obviously you need a taper on the arrow to match, and probably some epoxy.