Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
18 April 2013, 11:53, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 11:56 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
The groove on the Rail where the bolts sits does not continue to the end of the Rail, so the blade that will be facing down into the rail will hit the end where the groove is, thus making it jump. This is why there are only two fletchings on the bolts, where normally you would have three like on full size crossbows. These small mechanical broadheads would do the job nicely and at £19 are not bad at all. If you sighted them in on something that would not damage the blades, and only used them for those "special" occasions they will last you ages if looked after. I am waiting to see if they will fit those 6.5 inch bolts with screw in points. Remember as well that if you are keeping the front sight and post, you will have to make sure the blade is narrow enough to pass between the post. I will be fitting a red dot sight so it doesn't matter how wide the blade is as I will be taking the front post off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-X-Broadheads...3ccd1ea2f9

You could of course use longer bolts that allow a three bladed broadhead to be used, but you will find you lose a lot more speed from the bolt.
18 April 2013, 11:58,
bit expensive for me..i'm a cheapskate, reckon i'll just stick to the standard bolts and leave the broadheads for my wooden arrows.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 12:20,
Nowt wrong with being cheap mate us Yorkshiremen are renowned for itBig Grin

Take the normal bolts you can buy for the crossbow, use a Dremmel or whatever you have and make a cut down the centre of the point (you might have to grind the tip down to do this) cut out small broadheads from thin sheet metal and insert into points and secure with two part epoxy resin. If blade gets damaged just heat up point and melt glue then replace with another blade. I have used tin can for this and although they bend easily the blades can be wickedly sharp. You wouldn't use broadheads for everyday plinking and shooting anyway so they should last you a fair while, and you can make as many as you have time to.
18 April 2013, 12:35,
(18 April 2013, 12:20)Tartar Horde Wrote: Nowt wrong with being cheap mate us Yorkshiremen are renowned for itBig Grin

Take the normal bolts you can buy for the crossbow, use a Dremmel or whatever you have and make a cut down the centre of the point (you might have to grind the tip down to do this) cut out small broadheads from thin sheet metal and insert into points and secure with two part epoxy resin. If blade gets damaged just heat up point and melt glue then replace with another blade. I have used tin can for this and although they bend easily the blades can be wickedly sharp. You wouldn't use broadheads for everyday plinking and shooting anyway so they should last you a fair while, and you can make as many as you have time to.

hope your not that cheap pal ,only like good tea and coffee when we meet up in june mateSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
18 April 2013, 12:48, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 12:50 by Tartar Horde.)
oooh I am a Tea snob though can't be doing with any of that teabag shite, only the best loose Tea for me matey.

I might even bring "genghis" my Mongol bow for you to have a pull.Big Grin
18 April 2013, 13:04,
(18 April 2013, 12:48)Tartar Horde Wrote: oooh I am a Tea snob though can't be doing with any of that teabag shite, only the best loose Tea for me matey.

I might even bring "genghis" my Mongol bow for you to have a pull.Big Grin

lovely jubblyBig Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
18 April 2013, 13:07,
(18 April 2013, 12:20)Tartar Horde Wrote: Nowt wrong with being cheap mate us Yorkshiremen are renowned for itBig Grin

oh well thats explains it, i did live for a few years in Huddersfield before the family moved back down south!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 14:52,
unless you are built like a well known bodybuilder or have a mate who is, dont bother, this thing is impossible to string.
18 April 2013, 15:12,
(18 April 2013, 14:52)bigpaul Wrote: unless you are built like a well known bodybuilder or have a mate who is, dont bother, this thing is impossible to string.

Don't despair BP, I'm sure you will sort it. Any chance of getting another bloke to assist?
18 April 2013, 15:16, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 15:18 by bigpaul.)
(18 April 2013, 15:12)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(18 April 2013, 14:52)bigpaul Wrote: unless you are built like a well known bodybuilder or have a mate who is, dont bother, this thing is impossible to string.

Don't despair BP, I'm sure you will sort it. Any chance of getting another bloke to assist?

negative, i'm getting hold of the company to return it and get a refund.

i'll stick to wooden bows in the future, at least i can string them.i knew there was a reason i didnt like crossbows in the first place, now i know, no wonder NR put his back out!