Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Herts
16 April 2013, 10:22,
RE: Hello from Herts
Hello and welcome
16 April 2013, 10:28,
Wow! Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I'm a bit star-struck actually, since as a lurker you're all already 'names' to me. I'm sitting here going 'Wow! Highlander/IKE/Hrusai replied to my post!!!'

Sadly, I'm probably not as far along as I sound. I've always made notes when browsing these boards, and there's never a thread where I don't come away with something else I hadn't thought of. Still, I'm at the stage where at least I know I know nothing, and that has to be a start. (I hope).

I'm in a grotty suburban village a few miles from St Albans. Lots of woods nearby, plus a lake, streams, ducks etc, but still a bit close to Londonistan - and Luton - for safety. I'll like it a lot better if there are other preppers around - *waves furiously at Secret Prepper*.

And Mandlaka - you wouldn't be hungry if you smelt my cheese. Trust me on this.

Oh, and Scythe13 - at the risk of being grovelly, I just have to say how much I've enjoyed your posts. I write for a living, but your descriptions make me laugh out loud.
16 April 2013, 11:26,
Hello and Welcome from Cheshire.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 April 2013, 11:42,
hello and welcome, from deepest Devon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 April 2013, 16:34,
Hello lou and welcome to the forum
16 April 2013, 19:59,
Hi there, and welcome.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 April 2013, 20:20,
And again, thank you all for these lovely welcomes. It's been so strange to me coming on here and finally telling someone what I'm doing - and no-one's judging me, no-one's saying I'm bonkers, no-one's being anything but totally supportive.

You may not know how much even your everyday postings help a whole load of people out there who may never even join. When I've browsed late at night there's often been no members online but anything up to 30 Guests all doing what I'm doing - just reading, reading, seeing there are others out there, taking away knowledge and the courage to believe they're not alone.

You guys may have no idea how important you are, or how many people you're helping every day. If I can contribute nothing else, I want you to know that. In modern parlance, you ROCK.
16 April 2013, 21:06,
Hello and welcome
Failure is NOT an option
16 April 2013, 21:20,
Arrh you see Lou,... we all want to know about your fireside cheese...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 April 2013, 21:24,
awh so charming, your making me blush lou xD