Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why cities will become lawless shortly after major event
12 May 2013, 08:58,
RE: why cities will become lawless shortly after major event
As a Highlander, I can agree with all you say about the Highlands, the trouble with what you are saying is learning to survive,... and doing it quick enough that you dont starve while learning.

Anyone heading to the Highlands faces far more problems than you think, if we take the west coast, then you have a problem even getting here, especially if you are on foot,..then if you do get here what are you going to do.

Take a walk into the hills and think of yourself living and surviving there,... you see nothing, no animals, nothing to eat at all, in many places little but moorland and little shelter, unless you pick a really good spot, your seeds will not grow in the waterlogged ground, or they start to grow and then die due to the weather

The point I am making is that unless you know what you are doing, you are going to starve or die of hypothermia,..well before those seeds break the surface

Smile... what Government services?...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 May 2013, 09:52,
the distances in the UK are much smaller than in the USA, the whole length from one end to the other is..i think..less than 1 thousand miles, on American sites they say you should be a full gas tank away from the city, that just isnt possible in the UK, most of us who have already got out of the cities are maybe an hour, an hour and a halfs, drive from a city, 30-40 miles, some people even less, although in my case my nearest "cities" are not exactly large ones! having said all that, there are places we can go in England where someone can remain hidden for a long time, its all about knowing ones own area well, and knowing where to go, its no good being an "armchair" prepper, some foot slogging and driving will be needed!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2013, 12:51, (This post was last modified: 12 May 2013, 12:52 by Timelord.)
I reckon that for some preppers, the "armchair" would be their sole and utmost important bit of prepper kit to take with them, strapped on their bug out vehicle! haha..

It's one bit of kit that can solve any problem....:-))
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
12 May 2013, 14:37,
(12 May 2013, 12:51)Timelord Wrote: I reckon that for some preppers, the "armchair" would be their sole and utmost important bit of prepper kit to take with them, strapped on their bug out vehicle! haha..

thats what worries me!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2013, 17:07,
Plus you have to get past two very big cities to get to the highlands.
12 May 2013, 17:15,
(12 May 2013, 17:07)Anything Really Wrote: Plus you have to get past two very big cities to get to the highlands.

i doubt if you WOULD be able to get past any big city once TSHTF, the robbers and looters will be out in force, ambushing anyone on the road.
12 May 2013, 22:01,
(12 May 2013, 12:51)Timelord Wrote: I reckon that for some preppers, the "armchair" would be their sole and utmost important bit of prepper kit to take with them, strapped on their bug out vehicle! haha..

Conjured up a picture of Jed Clampett with the rocker on top of the 'bug-out kit'!!... Big Grin

12 May 2013, 22:24,
(12 May 2013, 17:15)bigpaul Wrote:
(12 May 2013, 17:07)Anything Really Wrote: Plus you have to get past two very big cities to get to the highlands.

i doubt if you WOULD be able to get past any big city once TSHTF, the robbers and looters will be out in force, ambushing anyone on the road.

The only two ways round it are:
A) use a boat to bypass them or
B) Wait a few months and prey that the majority have died out.

I know which of the two I prefer.