Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink Gooseberry Vodka
16 April 2013, 20:42,
Pink Gooseberry Vodka
The goosegogs are breaking forth. Try this for a lovely tipple. All measurements are variable according to taste.

You will need a bottle of vodka - cheapest is preferable. Aldi or Lidl will be fine.

Pick a nice batch of goosegos (pink are best because they are the dessert ones and sweetest). Top and tail and cut a few in half and chuck into a glass container. Add a bit of sugar for sweetening accoprding to taste. Glug in the vodka into the container (check it for strength!). Seal container with lid and give it a good shaking. Repeat shaking for days until all sugar is dissolved. Check again for sweetness. Put away in cool place until vodka is pink. Strain and rebottle. Keep cold in fridge.

Slainte.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 April 2013, 20:44,
RE: Pink Gooseberry Vodka
Many years ago I worked in a pub that did flavoured vodka .... basically anything that could be dissolved or dispersed in the vodka would work everything from cream eggs to chillies
16 April 2013, 21:57,
done this with sloes last year.....as well as "sloe gin" going to try blackberries this year ....and blackberry wine, elder flower wine and now your gooseberry vodka. cheers mary hic hic
17 April 2013, 04:49,
(16 April 2013, 21:57)Straight Shooter Wrote: done this with sloes last year.....as well as "sloe gin" going to try blackberries this year ....and blackberry wine, elder flower wine and now your gooseberry vodka. cheers mary hic hic

Oooh, I love sloe gin. I've got a 10 year old bottle of the stuff made when we were in France. Keep circling it..... Damsons make great gin too. If you have any spare soft fruit, like raspberries they also make a lovely vodka.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
17 April 2013, 08:56, (This post was last modified: 17 April 2013, 09:00 by Straight Shooter.)
damsons I have loads of , damson jam / jelly normally , every year , but will try some damson gin this year mary ....busy bee ....me

P.S. loads of raspberries to, busy busy bee me

My perlite just been delivered .....tip off wildman
17 April 2013, 14:21,
Angel Nice Angel