Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Strike 2013??
18 April 2013, 07:48,
RE: General Strike 2013??
The railways won't go on strike to support any public walk outs. We are all paid by private companies & there are plenty of trained managers to fill the void should any important grades (train driver or guards) vote to strike. As for signal office staff, they done it last year with no ill effects. At most, you would see a reduced service. I know this as I work for the railway.
18 April 2013, 09:30, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 09:33 by bigpaul.)
(17 April 2013, 18:34)Tarrel Wrote: ?? This story dates back to September last year. TUC conference.

yeah, thats when they started talking about it, time they have the voting on it and get the results, it'll probably take place in mid Summer.

(17 April 2013, 21:55)Barneyboy Wrote: there was a TV drama in the 80s that showed what it would be like if the old bill went on strike, what i can remeber its not a good look Sad

well, lets face it, Plod is pretty useless when they are working, dont come out to burgularies and stuff, they havent PREVENTED crime for years, now they just log it instead.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 11:20,
General strike!!!!
I'm not worried one bit because no Fcker works any more in this country anyway, all the jobs have gone to China.
18 April 2013, 11:27,
(18 April 2013, 11:20)Tartar Horde Wrote: General strike!!!!
I'm not worried one bit because no Fcker works any more in this country anyway, all the jobs have gone to China.

tell that to the union bosses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 April 2013, 23:12,
It must be easy for these union bosses to talk about strike actiom when they are mostly paid over 100k per year in salaries pensions and expenses which is at least 4 times the average wage.
Also when goin on strike surely 50 percent and 1 vote of the total membership of a union have to agree to it not just a majority of those who actually bothered to vote
21 April 2013, 14:00,
A general strike will not be happening. A couple of the large unions said they had no interest in one anyway and the others were frightened of the legal repercussions. As most of them have no reason to strike, the strike would be illegal.

It would really have no effect anyway, who would go out? The public sector - then everyone would see that we do not really need the vast majority of them.
21 April 2013, 15:16,
pity, i was waiting to watch all the sheeple panicking!Big Grin
22 April 2013, 18:16,
Probably do our military a world of good if the generals (and admirals) did go on strike. :p
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!