Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surviving bomb blasts
26 April 2013, 20:41,
RE: surviving bomb blasts
Hopefully I don't need any of that post!

A wee note. It says I the article beware of prosecution if you hurt someone you are trying to help....

To the best of my knowledge, nobody that has followed what they were told in first aid training has ever been prosecuted as a result of someone dying or suffering further injuries from first aid care.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
27 April 2013, 01:40,
My area has a "Good Samaritan Law".

If you are in a lifesaving situation you can not be sued or prosecuted if your efforts are not successful.

It's a good law.
27 April 2013, 05:26,
I wish "good Samaritian law" worked everywhere! I know plenty of first aid qualified people that now hesitate when coming to help someone. Two have been arrested because they were trying to find the pulse in the leg and the unconscious female heard about them reaching into their trousers or up their skirts they had them arrested for sexual assault and tried to sue! Some days I can't help but think maybe the SHTF has already happened!!!
27 April 2013, 16:15,
The leg??? I can't imagine why they would go for the leg myself, why not the jugular, brachial or carotid

guess they would get upset with EMT here!

Their first instructions when doing CPR is to get rid of the clothing on the upper body. Those specialized shears they carry on their belt are for doing just that.

And if you get taken through the ER unconscious they will give you back a sack of rags when you ask for your clothing back. In a life saving struggle they do not waste time with buttons and snaps and you will be laid out bare and examined head to toe for wounds not visible through the clothing. It is an absolute necessity

I have never found the medical profession over here a great bastion for the preservation of modesty. More of a "get the job done" or "we've seen it all before and yours is not special" attitude.
27 April 2013, 16:36,
(27 April 2013, 16:15)Mortblanc Wrote: The leg??? I can't imagine why they would go for the leg myself, why not the jugular, brachial or carotid

guess they would get upset with EMT here!

Their first instructions when doing CPR is to get rid of the clothing on the upper body. Those specialized shears they carry on their belt are for doing just that.

And if you get taken through the ER unconscious they will give you back a sack of rags when you ask for your clothing back. In a life saving struggle they do not waste time with buttons and snaps and you will be laid out bare and examined head to toe for wounds not visible through the clothing. It is an absolute necessity

I have never found the medical profession over here a great bastion for the preservation of modesty. More of a "get the job done" or "we've seen it all before and yours is not special" attitude.

I can't really remember why, I think it had something to do with the leg been injured and wasn't bleeding the way they were expecting so was checking to make sure the leg was still getting enough blood pumping into the leg.