Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cache
19 November 2011, 20:47, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2011, 20:48 by Nemesis.)
Cache
Mobile cache small but as many as you can afford and have time to plant, never keeps eggs in same basket and all that.

I use a 5 gallon food grade import type with seal and screw lid.

Clean with bleach, and then Dettol make sure to get in all the groves.

Contents of this cache: All vacuumed packed

Nido milk
Chocolate powder x2
Coffee x2
Sugar
Salt
10 tins of corn beef
10 tins of salmon
5kg rice
Pasta
Teabags x 300

Toothpaste x2
Tooth brushes x8
Soap x3
Wax balls
Cotton balls
Can opener x2
Knife fork spoon x4
Peanut lighter x2
Petrol x1
Fire striker x1
First aid kit modded x1
Water purifier tabs
Water purifier bottle

Candles tea lights x100
Candles long type x20
Folding saw x1
.22 pellets x1000
.22 prometheus pellets x100
[Image: 24no0pc.jpg]

[Image: 15cm4ps.jpg]

[Image: 2cnbodi.jpg]

[Image: 123t6xs.jpg]

[Image: 20js7l1.jpg]

[Image: dqg6dy.jpg]

[Image: 35bawsp.jpg]

After these pics were taken the preps were put in bucket, it Is now all sealed and ready to be buried 3 to 5 year dig up and replace.
19 November 2011, 20:52,
RE: Cache
Nicely done W & C, very informative

9 April 2012, 17:07,
what i want to know is where people put their caches? if you bury it, how do you decide where to bury it? how safe is it? how do you know someone else wont find it, farmer, builder etc.etc.?? if you dont bury it, then where?? just trying to get some ideas guys! not sure about caches,havent made my mind up about that yet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 17:08,
Im sure i read on here the other day, someone buried a cache and came back to find someone had built a house on it lol
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
9 April 2012, 18:26, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2012, 18:37 by Nemesis.)
(9 April 2012, 17:08)Stokey Wrote: Im sure i read on here the other day, someone buried a cache and came back to find someone had built a house on it lol

Well lol not saying it can't happen but I would have thought if it did the cache planning was not very well thought out.
(9 April 2012, 17:07)bigpaul Wrote: what i want to know is where people put their caches? if you bury it, how do you decide where to bury it? how safe is it? how do you know someone else wont find it, farmer, builder etc.etc.?? if you dont bury it, then where?? just trying to get some ideas guys! not sure about caches,havent made my mind up about that yet.

Good question paul easy to answer only problem is I myself am not sure I want to answer it, I need to count to ten on this, I hope you understand why.
9 April 2012, 18:42,
Very comphrehensive cache there. Good size as well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2012, 08:30,
(9 April 2012, 18:26)WetandCold Wrote:
(9 April 2012, 17:08)Stokey Wrote: Im sure i read on here the other day, someone buried a cache and came back to find someone had built a house on it lol

Well lol not saying it can't happen but I would have thought if it did the cache planning was not very well thought out.
(9 April 2012, 17:07)bigpaul Wrote: what i want to know is where people put their caches? if you bury it, how do you decide where to bury it? how safe is it? how do you know someone else wont find it, farmer, builder etc.etc.?? if you dont bury it, then where?? just trying to get some ideas guys! not sure about caches,havent made my mind up about that yet.

Good question paul easy to answer only problem is I myself am not sure I want to answer it, I need to count to ten on this, I hope you understand why.
nothing specific! just a general answer would do, just trying to get ideas! i mean do you bury? if so where? field, woods?? if not buried then where else? lock up, shed, what sort of place??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2012, 10:33,
BP,

You have to find somewhere safe to bury them. You must be sure that people wandering through the area don't come across them easily. So it needs to be somewhere private. Usually this means under someones control. So if it goes in public woods you could get locked out, the area could be built on or stripped and you lose your cache. If on your own land you will know if anything is going to be done. Of course you can take risks and bury under items on public land but make sure that it is something that you can afford to lose. Just in case.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2012, 11:49,
You could always be a cheaky bugger and hide them in plain site!

Give me roof-tops and places like that, and I'll hide an elephant. Hey, if Houdini could do it....

I'm probably going to be making a pipe cache and hiding it in plain site, against a building. Things like this are so simple that 99% of people wouldn't bother looking in those places. Who checks a downpipe for food or weapons? Think how many arrows you could fit into a downpipe! Think how many Pot-Noodles you could get in one....probably about 12 haha. But you get the idea.

One place you could always think about is in the middle of a dirt road. The reason you do it in the middle is because car tyres will be passing on either side of the road and not in the middle. The only thing you'd have to look out for would be motorbikes, but they don't weigh enough to crush most tubs that are used to cache.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2012, 13:21,
(10 April 2012, 10:33)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP,

You have to find somewhere safe to bury them. You must be sure that people wandering through the area don't come across them easily. So it needs to be somewhere private. Usually this means under someones control. So if it goes in public woods you could get locked out, the area could be built on or stripped and you lose your cache. If on your own land you will know if anything is going to be done. Of course you can take risks and bury under items on public land but make sure that it is something that you can afford to lose. Just in case.

Thanks SD, that gives me an idea, i know some woods that havent been touched for 30 years and wont be, so thats a start, i'd like to find somewhere about half way to my BOL so i've got extra stores, but i'll have to scout that out, at the moment its just an idea, i think the OH will think its OTT but what the hell!