Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Martial law.
20 April 2013, 16:46,
Martial law.
This is what martial law looks like-scroll down for the photos! http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/ba...d_04192013
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 April 2013, 19:39,
RE: Martial law.
Sad that the birthplace of the American Revolution in 1775 is so tolerant of governmental overreach in 2013...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
20 April 2013, 20:18,
(20 April 2013, 19:39)Jonas Wrote: Sad that the birthplace of the American Revolution in 1775 is so tolerant of governmental overreach in 2013...

we dont like talking about the problems in the colonys ,we are waiting for you lot to surrender and come back to englands way of thinking Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 April 2013, 08:41,
thing is we dont have enough forces left to do this over here
Winter is coming
21 April 2013, 09:26,
(21 April 2013, 08:41)Hex Wrote: thing is we dont have enough forces left to do this over here

yeah i no it was a joke is all Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 April 2013, 09:43,
nope, with 82,000 troops and 130,000 Plod they'll be lucky if they can control Londonistan, never mind anywhere else.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 April 2013, 10:43,
i mean i suppose TPTB could impose martial law on some of the bigger cities, but that would be about it for my thinking, after that they would be stretched to thin.

if my maths are right (doubtfull lol), 1 section (8 men) would have to cover a radius of 7.1 miles.

that is based on the potential of 212000 forces made up of 82000 troops and 130000 plod (figures provided by BP). Now factor in shifts (12hrs on 12hrs off) and you can half that which leaves you with 106000 available to work at any given time. if you divide 106000 by 8 (to form sections) that gives you 13250. the UK has a landmass of 94526m so divide that by 13250 and you are left with 7.1, thats one section per 7.1 miles!

and thats not even factoring in days off, injury or assisting sections in other areas. so in reality that radius could grow very large. should martial law ever be imposed nationally it would be extremely difficult to enforce if not impossible with the man power our forces currently have
Winter is coming
21 April 2013, 10:49, (This post was last modified: 21 April 2013, 10:51 by Jack.)
Police/military response has been planned for certain risks already.
Police will hold local places of tactical interest until handed over to the military after which they will be answerable to.
Places of major concern already are constantly manned but will be bolstered in emergency situation.
In a SHTF scenario tactical demolition of these places would take place and military would fall back into a defensive position to one of a few locations.
The army and police would not get involved with anything more trivial than securing their own border from us. Remember we're talking proper SHTF...
So do not expect help or any law enforcement presence in the street.

If only there where a sub group of military/police that could provide some law and order...

mi·li·tia
/məˈliSHə/
Noun
A military force of civilians to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
A military force that engages in rebel activities.

Mwuhahaha I couldn't wait to play that card BP Wink
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.
21 April 2013, 10:53,
i'm assuming they will TRY to control Londonistan, Birmingham and Manchester, maybe a few more but they cannot control the whole country, anyone like myself who is NOT anywhere near a big city( nearest are 30 miles pop 126,000 and 40 miles 256,000) will be pretty much left to get on with it as best we can. i'm again assuming TPTB will want to control major hospitals and places like Plymouth Dockyard but again these are in the cities not just down the road.
21 April 2013, 11:10, (This post was last modified: 21 April 2013, 11:12 by Jack.)
Actually BP all three have contingency plans yes, but the army are of prepping mentalities also. London will be held (golden mile) but instead of the manchesters / glasgows etc you'd see the green machines roll into Bristol, Exeter st David's, Plymouth most certainly, among others. Reason being is they are each large network/transport hubs but have comparatively low populations to other locations with the same resources. So post serious events the minimum of collateral damage would be achieved... Meaning less of our own blood on our militarise efforts to keep 'national interests national'.
As for hospitals and dockyards no, the army control their own medical supplies and equipment/field hospitals and would only want hosps within the area of occupation if at all.

Dockyards like Plymouth have their own tactical advantages and resources.
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.