Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Martial law.
22 April 2013, 10:38,
RE: Martial law.
I'm not saying dont obey the rules in a lockdown situation Scythe, would be a bit stupid to put ourselves at risk wouldn't it?? but what i am saying is, the further out from the cities we are the better, as i've said before and i'll say it again, TPTB dont have the numbers to control the whole country from one end to the other, and that includes bodies in choppers!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 April 2013, 10:40,
If we're on lockdown, what difference does it make if you're stuck in a house in a rural area than if you're in an urban house?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2013, 10:50,
(22 April 2013, 10:40)Scythe13 Wrote: If we're on lockdown, what difference does it make if you're stuck in a house in a rural area than if you're in an urban house?
your missing the point S, i'm saying they CANT lockdown the whole country! they will HAVE to concentrate on the big cities cos any trouble will start there! the further we are out of the cities the less control they will have, they are PHYSICALLY unable to control every back road and every village and hamlet in the entire country!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 April 2013, 10:56,
(22 April 2013, 10:50)bigpaul Wrote:
(22 April 2013, 10:40)Scythe13 Wrote: If we're on lockdown, what difference does it make if you're stuck in a house in a rural area than if you're in an urban house?
your missing the point S, i'm saying they CANT lockdown the whole country! they will HAVE to concentrate on the big cities cos any trouble will start there! the further we are out of the cities the less control they will have, they are PHYSICALLY unable to control every back road and every village and hamlet in the entire country!!

You've totally lost me now. A lockdown is a lockdown. Control levels are not important, because if you're abiding by the law, then whether you're in a city or a hamlet, you've still got to stay home. Moreover, in a city people are more likely to be able to collaborate and have other like minded people within 1 mine of them than if you're heavily ruralised.

If you have to stay in the building you're in, then I'd rather be in a huge apartment complex than in a small house in the middle of nowhere.
22 April 2013, 11:00, (This post was last modified: 22 April 2013, 11:03 by bigpaul.)
they have just over 200,000 police and army against a population of what 65 million? do the math! they will concentrate on London, Birmingham, Manchester, Coventry, Newcastle places like that, even if they SAY the whole country is in lockdown THEY HAVENT GOT THE NUMBERS TO ENFORCE IT!

we dont see Police(never mind the Army) here now-do you really think think that will be any different in the future? lockdown or not.
22 April 2013, 11:04,
(22 April 2013, 11:00)bigpaul Wrote: they have just over 200,000 police and army against a population of what 65 million? do the math! they will concentrate on London, Birmingham, Manchester, Coventry, Newcastle places like that, even if they SAY the whole country is in lockdown THEY HAVENT GOT THE NUMBERS TO ENFORCE IT!

But whether you're in your house in a city or in your house in the country, what's the difference? You're still in your house! If they can't enforce it, the only advantage that would hold is breaking the law and leaving your house. Of which I see very little benefit, because every shop will be closed. You can't go and see your friends or anything like that. At least in a city if you have friends in the apartment block where you live, you can see them and not leave the building.

All it would take would be 1 helicopter to see someone breaking the law and bang, no more BP.
22 April 2013, 11:05, (This post was last modified: 22 April 2013, 11:06 by bigpaul.)
the nearest FULL TIME Police station is 30 miles away, Army bases are even further.

(22 April 2013, 11:04)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 April 2013, 11:00)bigpaul Wrote: they have just over 200,000 police and army against a population of what 65 million? do the math! they will concentrate on London, Birmingham, Manchester, Coventry, Newcastle places like that, even if they SAY the whole country is in lockdown THEY HAVENT GOT THE NUMBERS TO ENFORCE IT!

But whether you're in your house in a city or in your house in the country, what's the difference? You're still in your house! If they can't enforce it, the only advantage that would hold is breaking the law and leaving your house. Of which I see very little benefit, because every shop will be closed. You can't go and see your friends or anything like that. At least in a city if you have friends in the apartment block where you live, you can see them and not leave the building.

All it would take would be 1 helicopter to see someone breaking the law and bang, no more BP.

yes but thats the point, THEY HAVENT GOT THE NUMBERS TO ENFORCE IT! oh jesus christ my aching head!Big Grin
22 April 2013, 11:10,
Are you suggesting breaking the law then? Otherwise I can't see how the enforcement issue would matter.
22 April 2013, 11:16, (This post was last modified: 22 April 2013, 11:37 by bigpaul.)
is a law any good if they cant enforce it? its just meaningless words, i mean its illegal to use a hand held mobile phone whilst driving a car but how many people do it- COS THEY CANT ENFORCE IT, now same with lockdown-if your in a city fair enough they'll probably have the bodies to control things, but if i'm here and no one is enforcing it-cos their all busy somewhere in a big city- and i want to say go hunting, or go to an allotment or just take the dog for a walk, whose to say i cant??

its not just me, i can see a lot of people disobeying if TPTB cant stop them, just look at the riots, people rioted just cos they could, the Police had lost control, if TPTB cant control everywhere then people will do as they want.i think they will only be able to control LIMITED areas, like i say the main BIG cities.

a law they cannot enforce is just words.
22 April 2013, 11:46,
Not the main big cities but just a portion of them. Already we have bo go areas in some places. Massive blocks of flats can only be pacified by emptying them and bringing them down otherwise every window is a potential sniper.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin