Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Value Grub
3 May 2013, 20:16,
RE: Good Value Grub
The soup sounds good Highlander. I had never heard of Whitworths dried vegetables - shall have a look out next shop.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 May 2013, 20:25,
(3 May 2013, 20:16)MaryN Wrote: The soup sounds good Highlander. I had never heard of Whitworths dried vegetables - shall have a look out next shop.

Sainsbury`s sell it Mary,.. but o/h always claim they hide the flipping stuff, she usually has to resort to asking for it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 May 2013, 21:07,
Dried veg, wonderful stuff, keeps for ages, in a good place, along with packets of flavoured rice.

The rice can be used to bulk out any meal as well, and the dried veg can add flavour.

we sell it for 40 odd pence
8 May 2013, 11:17,
(3 May 2013, 20:16)MaryN Wrote: The soup sounds good Highlander. I had never heard of Whitworths dried vegetables - shall have a look out next shop.

Hi Mary, the dried veg used to be called SWEL, thickens soups stews etc. Asda and Tesco sell the whitworths dried country veg, they do dried onions as well. I bought tins of lazy fried onions from Lidl recentely about 40p a tin and you can also buy jars of lazy garlic too.
8 May 2013, 13:34,
You can get it from polish shops, with different names, they do great long lasting smoked sausages as well.
8 May 2013, 21:18,
(8 May 2013, 11:17)PaulandNell Wrote:

Hi Mary, the dried veg used to be called SWEL, thickens soups stews etc. Asda and Tesco sell the whitworths dried country veg, they do dried onions as well. I bought tins of lazy fried onions from Lidl recentely about 40p a tin and you can also buy jars of lazy garlic too.

What are lazy fried onions?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 May 2013, 21:21, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2013, 21:23 by Franc.)
ready to eat, fried onions. in a tin

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/ca...sDetecting is the asda version
9 May 2013, 10:57,
(8 May 2013, 21:18)MaryN Wrote:
(8 May 2013, 11:17)PaulandNell Wrote:

What are lazy fried onions?

Hi Mary, the lazy fried onions are fried onions in a tin, just called lazy as its a cook's cheat, saves you peeling and chopping but the tin will store for a few years, so makes it a good prep. Lazy garlic is pretty much the same only in jars and you can get lazy ginger too in jars. Nel.
9 May 2013, 15:45,
Lazy buggers ! ........get a dehydrator......lol
10 May 2013, 11:09,
:
(9 May 2013, 15:45)Straight Shooter Wrote: Lazy buggers ! ........get a dehydrator......lol

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin