RE: Good Value Grub
THAT IS FUCKING BRILLIANT SUNNA now your in the groove son ! laughing big style
2 May 2015, 12:33,
tiny things.........Wink
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 May 2015, 02:50,
Brick  RE: Good Value Grub
Hi Yourself! No, I didn't wander off to another Forum, nor did I succumb to disillusionment over the whole principle of the thing!

I've been quietly summarising our needs, (my immediate family's needs - I'm sure you remember them - we fought for them hard enough through the courts and reported it ad infinitude at the time!! My thanks still to SD for not shutting down that thread - it meant a huge amount to me!

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then... Medically, extra crap keeps raising its head, just to give me yet another wee thing to deal with, almost monthly, it seems. We have had some serious property issues to deal with too. Those have included friends who turned out not really to be, ending in the Sheriff Court, which again we won.

That was followed by an interesting experience with what seems to be termed a 'Rogue' (think that's right...), ending now in the most beautiful wee cottage in a glen, where the previous wee old lady had the place festooned in blossoms and what I'd love to do (if I could find the energy!!) is convert some of that to veg!!

Either way, both wifey and I and both granddaughters, love it and I'm spending every minute I have left giving them the wee memories that matter: Grumpy making them a brew on his home made stove in the shed, before getting down to weeding; having each of them take responsibility for a type or a batch of veg and seeing it through to harvest - and why! Then how to store or preserve the same so it's available in the next Winter... And so on...

I realise more and more as the days go by that (even though I'm still younger than you, [think you said 63 - I'm not that till Sept!]) this condition I have is a degenerative one and I have some pretty severe limitations that I have to work through, just to keep going. Damn!! The price of a mis-spent youth!! (Seem to vaguely remember NR saying something like that one time...)

Never mind though! Just seeing Caitie's face sipping a brew made on Grumpy's home-made stove and the weight just falls away - know what I mean?

Take care and stay safe...

22 May 2015, 08:10,
What a lovely beautiful inspiring post ! I am truly uplifted,good on you GG, i we leave you with this , when i am in my shed boiling up on my stove ....when i brew up ...i will lift my cup.....look towards Scotland think of you and yours and say CHEERS PAL.
23 May 2015, 03:46,
... and here's looking at you - young 'un!!