Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Camo are you rocking?
24 April 2013, 14:55,
RE: What Camo are you rocking?
(24 April 2013, 11:58)Rush2112 Wrote: living in a more urban setting, I stay away from camo clothing. I have lots of tan, light grey, dark grey, blue, and black. Wearing camo in a urban setting attracts way too much attention and makes you appear threatening.

that makes sense, around here Camo is just ordinary work gear, everybody wears it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2013, 15:40,
Standard camo British army full kit me and OH
24 April 2013, 18:20,
I have just ordered a new `real tree` camo jacket,.. the camouflages is amazing,.. but of course camouflage is a very complicated subject if you want to be serious about it,.. my `amazing real tree` camo would be of little use outside of a wooded area.

No camo of perfect because you are moving through different areas all the time, that also includes sun lite areas or deep shadow,...your best bet is to get the camo that meets the area you are in as near as possible, then add to it with the flora and fora that's around you and keep changing it as the ground changes

I personaly dont want to wear British military camo, as I wouldnt want to look like a soldier

You can get a sort of urban camo,... it consists of straight lined shapes, in different shades of light grey to black,.. but how good it is I am not sure

Camo is a funny thing,... why do the Israelis paint the undersides of their aircraft pink?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 April 2013, 20:13,
Urban camo? You mean a lacoste tracksuite?
25 April 2013, 12:12,
(24 April 2013, 18:20)Highlander Wrote: Camo is a funny thing,... why do the Israelis paint the undersides of their aircraft pink?

Same reason the SAS used to have pink 4x4's for Iraq, because the dust kicked up has a pink hue and they found the pink shades they used to be the best for hiding stuff in desert dust.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 April 2013, 12:54,
The best camouflage is tailored to wherever you are.
I have my old issue DPM, jack pike among many other brands... Honestly though I find a green or brown wooly jumper (primark not surplus itchy jumpers) and a green or brown woolen / tweed jacket on top of earthy coloured trousers/jeans, my fav Welles or boots and a scrim scarf.
This set up is great for me when on a few of my permisions as I can walk from my house with my take down rifle in a small case to my permission and nobody would know what I'm up to, so blend in street and woodland, I find it just as effectuve as real tree or DPM patterns.

I have a ghillie suit that was great when I went for a week shooting in a Somerset woodland but was restrictive and can't count the amount of times I got tangled up in barbed wire!

Post SHTF if I was dong anything less than involved with an organised militia I'd stick to my earthy colour wools layers.

Iv seen in airgunner a few issues back that FLOURESCENT pink camo has made its way to hunters to... They say that animals detect patterns over colour, how true this is I don't know and you won't catch me wearing the fluorescent stuff, its used to attract attention of other shooters making them aware of where you are (so your not mistaking for an American politician)... Useless bit of info for preps but thought I'd share seeming you guys mentioned the pink stuff!
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.
25 April 2013, 12:59,
I stay away from camo. If i want something tactical/ tacticool i go for all black as it stands out less wherever you are
25 April 2013, 14:52,
(25 April 2013, 12:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
(24 April 2013, 18:20)Highlander Wrote: Camo is a funny thing,... why do the Israelis paint the undersides of their aircraft pink?

Same reason the SAS used to have pink 4x4's for Iraq, because the dust kicked up has a pink hue and they found the pink shades they used to be the best for hiding stuff in desert dust.

That is correct,..also [ and I cant confirm this] but Pink is almost invisible against a bright sky
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 April 2013, 14:59,

why dosent it surprise me you know about PINK camo?? you'r getting camp-ier by the day!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 April 2013, 15:16,
(25 April 2013, 14:59)bigpaul Wrote:
why dosent it surprise me you know about PINK camo?? you'r getting camp-ier by the day!!Big GrinBig Grin

I'm as camp as the SAS that drive the pink 4x4's. What's worse, is that I'm able to wear pink and make it look butch. Those fairy wings of yours BP....still not butch mate haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin