Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Camo are you rocking?
25 April 2013, 15:23,
RE: What Camo are you rocking?
(25 April 2013, 15:16)Scythe13 Wrote:
(25 April 2013, 14:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(25 April 2013, 12:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
(24 April 2013, 18:20)Highlander Wrote: Camo is a funny thing,... why do the Israelis paint the undersides of their aircraft pink?
Same reason the SAS used to have pink 4x4's for Iraq, because the dust kicked up has a pink hue and they found the pink shades they used to be the best for hiding stuff in desert dust.
why dosent it surprise me you know about PINK camo?? you'r getting camp-ier by the day!!Big GrinBig Grin

I'm as camp as the SAS that drive the pink 4x4's. What's worse, is that I'm able to wear pink and make it look butch. Those fairy wings of yours BP....still not butch mate haha.

you know nothing, my friend!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2013, 01:46,
DPM cos its good and its cheap now our boys don't wear it anymore , greens and browns too , got some reversible bits and pieces like acouple of snugpak sleeka's and a german flecktarn jacket.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 October 2013, 09:01,
(25 April 2013, 14:52)Highlander Wrote:
(25 April 2013, 12:12)Scythe13 Wrote:
(24 April 2013, 18:20)Highlander Wrote: Camo is a funny thing,... why do the Israelis paint the undersides of their aircraft pink?

Same reason the SAS used to have pink 4x4's for Iraq, because the dust kicked up has a pink hue and they found the pink shades they used to be the best for hiding stuff in desert dust.

That is correct,..also [ and I cant confirm this] but Pink is almost invisible against a bright sky

...and of course wearing camo, is no good without make-up on...Dodgy,.. even the black guys have to put on camo cream, faces light up very well night or day
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 October 2013, 09:31,
Full Burqa, blends in perfect in Londonistan!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
29 October 2013, 10:40,
Realtree is very effective when used in hedgerows, I use it when pigeon shooting. If you want ultimate invisibility then 3D camo, the type with several layers of cut shapes sewn together or one layer of cut shapes over a black mesh, is amazingly good but tangles up with everything. I use a 3D mesh type camo net to build hides with and you will be surprised how well it works.

Remember, there is very little real "black" in nature, so dark greys are a good choice of solid colours as long as you don't have everything the same shade. Big bold strips of asymetrical grey shapes will confuse humans ability to subconsciously register another human shape, so differently coloured arms or legs is useful.
29 October 2013, 13:08,
I keep a ghilly net for hunting use, but don't wear camo, prefering to wear ordinary outdoor work clothing in natural earth tone colours. That way I look like the natives, do not attract attention and my appearance is no different from any farm or construction trades worker.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
29 October 2013, 14:23,
camo in British farming country is normal working gear.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2013, 15:48,
(29 October 2013, 13:08)CharlesHarris Wrote: I keep a ghilly net for hunting use, but don't wear camo, prefering to wear ordinary outdoor work clothing in natural earth tone colours. That way I look like the natives, do not attract attention and my appearance is no different from any farm or construction trades worker.

You have not been outside lately have you CH?

It's deer season. It started in September and will run through Feb. 8 of 10 people in WVA and KY are wearing camo at this point in time. They will continue to do so until spring turkey season ends.

There is more camo clothing on the hangers in Walmart than all other colors combined!
29 October 2013, 16:18,
Camo seems silly when you are required to wear blaze orange for safety.

During archery season, perhaps. But not in gun season.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
29 October 2013, 20:50,
You are wearing the orange for the people, not the deer. The deer can not see the orange and one can take the orange off when not in the field.

In my state the orange is not required when archery hunting, only for gun hunting, and that is only two weeks of the season.

I generally wear camo for duck and turkey hunting too. The orange is not required for that. Turkey, geese and ducks can see the color spectrum very well and full camo is almost mandatory for turkey.

I also keep a 3x size hooded camo sweatshirt with the GHB. It is big enough to fit over any coat I might be wearing if needed for a "slip between the trees" trip home.