Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 inconvenient truths about teotwawki.
9 May 2013, 20:08,
28 inconvenient truths about teotwawki.
http://thesurvivalmom.com/2012/06/19/28-...teotwawki/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 20:30,
RE: 28 inconvenient truths about teotwawki.
yep thats how I see it in the most ...... will be a lottery to survive but prepping increases the odds
9 May 2013, 20:33,
(9 May 2013, 20:30)I-K-E Wrote: yep thats how I see it in the most ...... will be a lottery to survive but prepping increases the odds

gives you a fighting chance, more than those who dont prep will have.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 20:35,
(9 May 2013, 20:33)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 May 2013, 20:30)I-K-E Wrote: yep thats how I see it in the most ...... will be a lottery to survive but prepping increases the odds

gives you a fighting chance, more than those who dont prep will have.

exactly why we do it
10 May 2013, 09:30,
Number 11 is me in a nutshell - an armchair quarterback. I need to get my arse in gear, I think I have read enough books (for now) and its time to start.
10 May 2013, 09:45,
no time like the present!Big Grin " the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step"Big Grin
10 May 2013, 18:17,
28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI*
and how to cope with them.

1. Not everyone will survive. Ouch.
But not everyone will die either!
2. For many, circumstances will trump preparedness.
Murphy’s Law will be strictly enforced!
3. Preparedness will cost money. There’s no way around it.
So spend wisely now! “Bang for your buck” is critical!
4. If you talk about preparedness, you’ll be ridiculed. If you keep your mouth shut, you’ll miss out on establishing a support system that is 100% necessary to survival.
OPSEC! OPSEC! OPSEC!
5. A rural retreat won’t save you. The federal government has you in their crosshairs, as does the United Nations.
Your neighbors will save you, and you them… think “small town”.
6. Stored food runs out, eventually.
And so do we. Plan for probabilities, not possibilities.
7. Even the best prepared survivalist Navy Seal can be brought down by an infected ingrown toenail.
Personal hygiene!
8. You probably aren’t tough enough for what’s coming.
But you’re tougher than you think you are!
9. Gold and silver may be useless if a world currency is established. Their use may even be criminalized.
And no government has ever been able to eliminate a “black market”… ask any Mexican drug cartel member.
10. In a time of plenty, it’s impossible to imagine the reality of true scarcity.
So talk with the old folks about the “Great Depression”.
11. Survival is easy for armchair quarterbacks.
But then again, everything is easy for armchair quarterbacks…
12. Most survivalists and preppers are overly optimistic when it comes to how much food store, what scenarios to plan for, and their ability to survive off the grid.
But if survivalists and preppers were all that optimistic, they wouldn’t be survivalists and preppers.
13. TEOTWAWKI will change the way you and your children and grandchildren live. Forever.
The grasp of the obvious is overwhelming.
14. The minute you bug out, your chances of reaching your retreat destination are slim.
The minute you bug out you become a “refugee”. Historically, refugees have NEVER fared well.
15. You’re kidding yourself if you think your hidden caches won’t be found by others, eventually.
But “eventually” can cover one hell of a long timeline, like King Tut's tomb.
16. You won’t know if you’re ready for TEOTWAWKI until you’re in the middle of it.
And even then you may not know if you’re ready for it. Adaptability is the key!
17. Ultimately, a too-powerful government will be the biggest threat to your survival.
Conversely, a large and really pissed off population will be the biggest threat to a too-powerful government's survival.
18. Life will become cheap.
But only if you fail to defend you and yours. Make your lives very expensive to those who would take them!
19. Free time will become a thing of the past.
So you will cherish free time more.
20. There’s nothing wrong with preparing for natural disasters, but if you’re not ready for a collapse of the American economy, you’re not ready.
Don’t become a “one-disaster prepper”.
21. Coming tough times will threaten even the best of marriages and other close relationships.
So get close to your loved ones now.
22. Growing your own food is a bigger challenge than you ever thought possible.
But amazingly enough, our ancestors did it, so we can too.
23. A green garden can be spotted from miles away, thus endangering your food source and your family.
And a good sniper rifle can hit at well over ¾ mile, thus endangering thieves.
24. Dealing with human waste and trash will become your new part-time job.
But has been a full-time job for some people for years – you’ll get over it.
25. You’ll discover exactly what you’re capable of when your family is threatened.
And then, God help those doing the threatening.
26. Formerly strong and capable people will escape their new reality through booze, drugs, and/or suicide.
But booze and drugs will run out like anything else. Suicide is a choice.
27. Protecting and nurturing close family ties will become one of the most important things you can do.
So start now!
28. Those who can accept and adapt will find survival easier than those who hold on to the past or have unrealistic expectations of the future.
Just like it’s been for thousands of years.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 May 2013, 18:21,
so true, i agree with every word you have written.Big Grin
10 May 2013, 18:31,
I must say that the two greatest hindrances to survival in a TEOTWAWKI situation will be;

1. Over confidence in one's abilities.

2. Under-confidence in one's abilities.

One can never do enough to prepare for what can not be prepared for.

And sometimes you simply have to grit your teeth and do the job, learning as you go, even if you do not have the right tools or knowledge.
10 May 2013, 18:36,
i'd rather be an over confident optimist than an under confident pessimist!!Big GrinBig Grin