Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheap chicken breasts in south east northumberland
29 April 2013, 10:51,
RE: Cheap chicken breasts in south east northumberland
Yeah franc that's the one, Geordie rob, you know if your going through bebside from Blyth and you go past the tip, just before the garage on the left you pull in to the left and it's behind that garage. Bigpaul, I'm sure I remember the guy saying they got from a farm but il ask wen I go in this weekend for tatties
29 April 2013, 13:13,
(29 April 2013, 10:51)Madgirl151 Wrote: Yeah franc that's the one, Geordie rob, you know if your going through bebside from Blyth and you go past the tip, just before the garage on the left you pull in to the left and it's behind that garage. Bigpaul, I'm sure I remember the guy saying they got from a farm but il ask wen I go in this weekend for tatties

yeah if their from a farm its all good, but there have been cases of meat consigned for dog food being BLEACHED to get the dye off(they dye it so you know its not fit for human consumption) and then selling it to the general public.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2013, 13:47,
Well, Paul, it tastes good lol
29 April 2013, 13:51,
(29 April 2013, 13:47)Madgirl151 Wrote: Well, Paul, it tastes good lol

well thats the main thing!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2013, 17:46,
(29 April 2013, 13:13)bigpaul Wrote: yeah if their from a farm its all good, but there have been cases of meat consigned for dog food being BLEACHED to get the dye off(they dye it so you know its not fit for human consumption) and then selling it to the general public.

Meat for pet food has to be suitable for human consumption also as it will be handled by humans, dogs live with humans and it is not uncommon for people to eat pet food as it is cheap. Any dyed meat is stuff that should be incinerated or processed into fertiliser - bleach does not take the dye off.

Stuff does get bleached however, it is to perk up the look and colour of meat, brings it back to a nice fresh pink colour and stops it stinking.

I was at the cash and carry yesterday and they had 5kg chicken breast on for £20 there too. Make friends with a local business and they might lend you their card for your local cash and carry.
29 April 2013, 17:53,
(29 April 2013, 17:46)BDG Wrote:
(29 April 2013, 13:13)bigpaul Wrote: yeah if their from a farm its all good, but there have been cases of meat consigned for dog food being BLEACHED to get the dye off(they dye it so you know its not fit for human consumption) and then selling it to the general public.

Meat for pet food has to be suitable for human consumption also as it will be handled by humans, dogs live with humans and it is not uncommon for people to eat pet food as it is cheap. Any dyed meat is stuff that should be incinerated or processed into fertiliser - bleach does not take the dye off.

Stuff does get bleached however, it is to perk up the look and colour of meat, brings it back to a nice fresh pink colour and stops it stinking.

i was told they used bleach but whatever it was it was to remove the dye as it was classified as unfit for human consumption.
29 April 2013, 19:27,
You cannot get the dye off at all. However, nothing stops you from using another dye over the top of it Wink
29 April 2013, 19:45,
look, i saw a programme on tv a few years ago, probably Panorama or one of those other "investigative" programmes, they raided a building where a gang were washing or bleaching the dye off the chicken carcasses, the dye was on there to stop them selling it for human consumption and the gang were trying to remove it so they could sell it on.
29 April 2013, 22:09,
It was Panorama, it was early 2000's, it was chicken and the company was Denby Poultry Products. They were bleaching the stench and filth off the meat and to bring back a more pink colour to the meat rather than the sludge grey colour. They were using Hydrogen Peroxide to bleach with.

You will see from reports from early 2000's that poultry back then did not have have to be marked with an indelible dye. Indelible dye by its very nature cannot be removed. You would have to removed the stained flesh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1...-meat.html

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa...210-31.htm

Both trial transcripts are available through the law pages if you have a subscription.

Do not worry that time has clouded memory and perception, it is an understandable conclusion one could draw for oneself.
29 April 2013, 22:24, (This post was last modified: 29 April 2013, 22:26 by Binnie.)
There were guys caught removing dyed deadstock (died in transit, the opposite of livestock) from a chicken plant in Scotland.

I don't think it made the papers, and if memory serves they were eastern Europeans doing it on a very small scale and selling to thier own micro communities.

But I can assure you it DID happen.

If you buy direct from the abattoir, and they aren't on the fsa "cause for concern" list, then it's gonna be decent stuff.

No matter where you buy tho, the seller should be able to provide you the approval details of where it came from, in the case of fresh from the slaughterhouse, anything I buy had the numbers uk1106ec for beef and lamb (mcintosh Donald, Portlethen) Or uk1100ec for chicken (Grampian country foods, Coupar Angus)

Folk in the North, check your supermarket chicken labeled "Scottish", most of it will have come from uk1100 ec

Oh and if you see a number on a packet, just Google it, most of them come up as the first hit
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....