Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scenario.
29 April 2013, 20:48,
RE: scenario.
(29 April 2013, 15:47)Highlander Wrote: 6 years is a harder one to answer, I really cant see a lot of people returning to this area, if they do, then they will have vital survival skills that will be useful,... it would be nice to have a few of the house around here re-occupied so that we end up with not so much a tight group of people, but a network of people covering a wider area, with some sort of links,.. be it radio or something as simple as smoke

Hey Highlander! I wonder how many preppers will have selected your remote area as their BOL and move in in droves? There would be plenty of like-minded at least...

29 April 2013, 20:49,
6 days bug in , move chickens tight to house...already prepped , move water tanks, inside house 2 x 900 ltr , trip water storage valve, trip wires around poly tunnel,green house and raised beds, reinforcing mesh defence system to erect , move all generators, fuel tight to house ...already prepped , set up CB for listening only. Set up radio for any news. Use food stocks and garden produce.
week 2 move in all 15/17 family members, operate security rota. stay put for 3 months

By 6 months
training schedule for all, garden duties, water duties, sowing seed , gathering seeds, building clamps for winter food storage, water filtration , tree felling , split and store, recon of area for food supplements, tools, fuel.... 2 man staggered formation only I man in view at all times till we a sure its safe 2 mile radius ONLY (with comms ) no fires
for as long as possible. cooking by gas only, vegetables made ready for winter use, ground prepared for wheat crop and additional growing areas , no contact policy with anyone ....in person or not, defensive weapons training will be permanent part of every day routine , No use of BOV at this time and hidden , but ready to rock .

6 years
I will be long gone after 18 months, but God willing and some luck , my grandchildren will survive and prosper and be able to live some sort of life based on living off the land , and have NO NEED FOR MONEY and live a simple, full, and wholesome meaningful existence ....if I could have that my journey on this earth will be fulfilled and my life would have meant something.
29 April 2013, 20:54,
(29 April 2013, 20:49)Straight Shooter Wrote: 6 years
I will be long gone after 18 months, but God willing and some luck , my grandchildren will survive and prosper and be able to live some sort of life based on living off the land , and have NO NEED FOR MONEY and live a simple, full, and wholesome meaningful existence ....if I could have that my journey on this earth will be fulfilled and my life would have meant something.

Your philosophy touches my heart, SS. You have my wishes for it to be so...

29 April 2013, 23:20,
For me, if it was tomorrow, I'd be screwed. That's not so much of a pain as the fact that so would my wife and the two beautiful granddaughters who live with us.

Day 6: We'd be bugged in, as we have no planned BOL, our food would be close to having run out; as much of the freezer food eaten as possible - the rest spoiled; the few tins long gone; perhaps a little flour, rice and pasta left; no garden and no resources from one; if the water's off too, we would have only rainwater or that from a stream a few hundred yards away; our meds would be close to gone, only a week's supply at a time is delivered (could have been gone in a couple of days, depending on when they'd been delivered), both wife and I would soon find our pain close to unbearable and probably debilitating, our mobility severely restricted. I don't think I need to go on...

So - that's as things stand now but I've only just started to think, only just joined you. There's a mountain to climb. Very limited funds - it's hard enough to afford energy and food costs as it is and a wife to convince when I can't get her to take recycling seriously!

There's only one direction to go from here and that's onward and upward and I'll count every tick on a list as a victory!

Up and at 'em!!

30 April 2013, 08:04,
(29 April 2013, 20:48)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(29 April 2013, 15:47)Highlander Wrote: 6 years is a harder one to answer, I really cant see a lot of people returning to this area, if they do, then they will have vital survival skills that will be useful,... it would be nice to have a few of the house around here re-occupied so that we end up with not so much a tight group of people, but a network of people covering a wider area, with some sort of links,.. be it radio or something as simple as smoke

Hey Highlander! I wonder how many preppers will have selected your remote area as their BOL and move in in droves? There would be plenty of like-minded at least...

Always a possibility, but more unlikely, if they dont already have stores up here they are not going to eat,..ok so its possible they could establish something, but would they live long enough to be strong enough to do it

If they have to get here by foot, they are not going to do it, too remote for that, and Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe is a hell of a barrier to cross,.. then they still have days of walking before getting to us

During the 1800s even lowland Scots avoided this are, unless you are a good stalker there is nothing to eat, its also the wettest part of the uk, so that is also against them

I think that anyone who can live in this area after tshtf is going to be someone who knows the area very well, and who can live off it,... not just come here because its remote and they think they will be safe
A major part of survival is invisibility.
30 April 2013, 11:10,
i'm quite surprised at how many people say they will be dead within the time frame....for a minute there i thought i was back on UKP!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2013, 12:12,
(30 April 2013, 08:04)Highlander Wrote: Always a possibility, but more unlikely, if they dont already have stores up here they are not going to eat,..ok so its possible they could establish something, but would they live long enough to be strong enough to do it

If they have to get here by foot, they are not going to do it, too remote for that, and Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe is a hell of a barrier to cross,.. then they still have days of walking before getting to us

During the 1800s even lowland Scots avoided this are, unless you are a good stalker there is nothing to eat, its also the wettest part of the uk, so that is also against them

I think that anyone who can live in this area after tshtf is going to be someone who knows the area very well, and who can live off it,... not just come here because its remote and they think they will be safe

Fair one - I'm sure you're right. Gorgeous place though, innit?

30 April 2013, 13:09,
Well GG at least you know where you stand right now, and its not about you, its about your grandchildren and your wife , learn to grow stuff on window sills, PM me and I will send you some seeds to try out no problem, to get you going (be proactive in your endeavours ) see the evidence grow in front of your eyes and then enjoy eating the fruits of your labours, do not ever stand still. Let me tell you what I have done......collected up all the small change when I can find some that is, then up to aldi,s I will buy SOMETHING
ANYTHING even if its mushy peas for 12 p .....I picture my grand children eating them peas....that lifts me up....and I know I am going forwards....might be a bit ...but FOWARDS is where I am at , pay no attention to people on here spending big bucks on their prepps do not let this get you down because you cannot do the same , the thing IS GG ......All on here do the same thing...in big or small ways .......PREPARE......keep the faith pal.
30 April 2013, 13:36,
Thanks SS, your encouragement is very welcome. With wife and granddaughters in mind, I will push on to do anything I can, no matter how small. I know where I can lay my hands on some material ideal for a window box or two, so I'm off to get them shortly - project no. 1 starting today!

As I said before: onward and upward, every tick a victory!

(I really appreciate the seed offer by the way but I reckon I can afford a packet or two. My thanks.)

30 April 2013, 20:28,
I have no intention of kicking the bucket if things go horribly wrong. I shall be organising the neighbours into working parties and sorting out who does what and where. By this time I shall be in a right bloody mood so it would probably be wise to do as I say.

Gardens will be organised; chickens sternly instructed to get on with it, and humans will be sorted into work parties.

Take no prisoners!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.