Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mans best friend!
30 April 2013, 00:36,
Mans best friend!
So, me and my OH have recently come to a conclusion that a dog in the house would be a great addition to the family, I'm going to be crafty here and try to get a dog which will help me towards my survivals and outdoor goals but I also want a docile, family friendly dog.

I recently spoke to a few fellas I met in the gym and they say springers are great family dogs and ultimate retrievers but not very protective, It seems it is going to be hard to find a perfect breed.

I live in an urban environment and have a 1 YO (near enuff), do you guys have any ideas?

Cheers
Where the senses fail us, reason must step in.
Galileo Galilei
30 April 2013, 04:48, (This post was last modified: 30 April 2013, 05:25 by Franc.)
RE: Mans best friend!
lurcher, typical poachers dog, also protective and barking around strangers. can be good with kids, get one on trial though, before you buy. Its not a breed though, its a mutt, best get an adult one, you know how big its going to get.

or maybe a whippet
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/whippet

not so good on the whole jump on intruders and rip there throat out, but handy if your doing a little um,,, harvesting of natures bounty, with a gun, or snares.
30 April 2013, 05:42,
i have a couple of german shepherds , great dogs loyal and intelligent
30 April 2013, 07:53,
I have three German Shepherds, all have their own back packs, are all trained to pull both a dog scooter [ not very handy after tshtf ] but also a sled and cart, [ very handy ].... and are the most friendly royal dogs you could own
A major part of survival is invisibility.
30 April 2013, 11:35,
any type of terrier, a lurcher, a greyhound or whippet, a good all round mutt has all the qualities of the pure breeds without any of the problems, if i wanted another dog now i would go round the rescue centres, plenty of abandoned dogs out there looking for a good home.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2013, 14:50,
hopefully moving in with my lass soon, so hoping to get a Lurcher or maybe a Whippet Smile supposed to be really good natured dogs Smile
Winter is coming
30 April 2013, 15:39,
I have 2 dogs 1 a black Labrador and the other a Rottweiler both great with my 3 year old son and great protective animals and both working dogs.
30 April 2013, 17:32,
[Image: PIC_0022_zpsa81cc4c6.jpg]

Intelligent Protective Can Hunt Defend Track And Attack

when not sleeping Big Grin
30 April 2013, 17:38,
(30 April 2013, 17:32)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [Image: PIC_0022_zpsa81cc4c6.jpg]

Intelligent Protective Can Hunt Defend Track And Attack

when not sleeping Big Grin

Q:"where do they sleep?">>>A:"anywhere they bloody like!"Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2013, 17:44,
Q:"where do they sleep?">>>A:"anywhere they bloody like!"Big GrinBig Grin
[/quote]

Big Grin Tried the paws are for floors routine ! failed Big Grin