Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff and things, also Hi.
1 May 2013, 09:27,
RE: Stuff and things, also Hi.
hello ans welcome to the forums
4 May 2013, 11:46,
Well, thank you all for the welcome and the advice but I have made my decision for the Lowe Alpine.

I am going, on Tuesday to the Brecon Beacons overnight, hiking and fieldcraft assessment. First day will be across Pen Y Fan for at least 25km
4 May 2013, 12:36,
welcome to the forum , which ever fells more comfortable
4 May 2013, 14:09,
Arrrh the Brecon Beacons, I was an Infantry Instructor there for the last three years of my Army career,.. I know the place well, we used to take new intakes up the Pen-y-Fan every 10 days for the whole of the three years,... just keep your witts about you on `Windy Gap`, more than one guy has been blown off that ridge
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 May 2013, 14:24,
always wanted to know... what happens if a bunch of squaddies, on an exercise, bump into a few civvies doing a camping thing in the beacons, do they avoid each other, pretend to be fellow campers, or just do interesting things and hide the leftovers?
4 May 2013, 17:19,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
4 May 2013, 18:26,
@Highlander: Thanks, I'll most definitely keep that in mind and maybe take a walking pole.

@Franc: I'm sure that the army guys with us, TA blokes will recognize other squadies and say howdie-doodie. One of the TA guys is a tutor and the other a student. Though my class tutor was an RSM... So he'd probably dishing out press ups if they play silly buggers.
Positively Pessimistic
4 May 2013, 19:03,
(4 May 2013, 11:46)Kiril Wrote: I am going, on Tuesday to the Brecon Beacons overnight, hiking and fieldcraft assessment. First day will be across Pen Y Fan for at least 25km

Hello and welcome from SW Scotland. Please say hello to the top of Pen Y Fan for me - it'll probably remember me!! Big Grin

4 May 2013, 22:19,
Good choice with the Lowe Strike. Having said that, they're VERY similar packs.

Welcome to the forum.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 May 2013, 18:51,
(4 May 2013, 14:24)Franc Wrote: always wanted to know... what happens if a bunch of squaddies, on an exercise, bump into a few civvies doing a camping thing in the beacons, do they avoid each other, pretend to be fellow campers, or just do interesting things and hide the leftovers?

You know,.. in all the three years I was tramping up that hill, I cant ever remember seeing anyone camping up there, the odd walker, but never camping,...although there are more than one route to the top, and guess who always took the hardest

when we did meet walkers, we just nodded our heads, we were too bl**dy knackered to talk...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.