Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase or transitional bug out location
1 May 2013, 20:53,
RE: Phase or transitional bug out location
I have a transitional BOL with stores with a potential main BOL within a radius of 2 miles of that, I am looking at 4 sites at this time , but no definite plan at the moment, however.....this weekend I will be doing more recon to try and sort it out. PLUS I am now implementing plans for our house next week, I am now taking it off the market as I feel TIME has now ran out, and can no longer wait, I hate standing still.
2 May 2013, 08:32,
i have about 8 potential Bug Out locations, in all directions, all with 4 walls and a roof, all EMPTY and unused within a 10 mile radius of where i live, cant actually take them over pre SHTF as that would technically be squatting but they have been empty for over 6 years, this is Plan B if my home location becomes unsafe.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 May 2013, 16:17,
Multiple sites are entirely possible if one does not put too much effort into any of them or considers an abandoned building devoid of comforts or provisions a potential haven.

If your concept of prepping is two cans of beans and a waterpistol you can grab a blanket, head out the door and call anyplace you lay your head a "transitional site".

"Transitional site" with no cache of supplies, weapons or equipment is simply avoidance of admission that one has joined the ranks of the refugees.

You got nothing!

And anyone that beats you to it can call it theirs.
2 May 2013, 17:04,
we havent all got the money to buy a retreat..even a plot of land over here is expensive- as i've been finding out lately.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 May 2013, 17:44,
But what I'm talking about and practice is a stocked, sheltered, low cost transitional bol.
I'm against the idea in my own preps for using abandoned and empty buildings as they may well be in someone else's plan, paying a small fee to our council for a garage seems to me a worth while expense... No one else has a claim to it and apart from people wanting to sack it during the chaos or after (with security measures will help make your lock up the last to be targeted successfully).
I'm under no illusion its not a permit ant solution which is why I'd only use it as a "transitional" one to assess my next step, if the building is compromised as is my home location then I continue to my 1st planned BOL.
My way of thinking is in some scenarios you have to make and keep to fast decisions, but if you can afford to stop assess and evaluate the situation your in, perhaps having the chance to restock on supplies as you do in a known location, you have a chance make a better decision and so increase your odds and those with you in survival.
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.
2 May 2013, 17:52, (This post was last modified: 2 May 2013, 18:01 by bigpaul.)
(2 May 2013, 17:44)Jack Wrote: But what I'm talking about and practice is a stocked, sheltered, low cost transitional bol.
I'm against the idea in my own preps for using abandoned and empty buildings as they may well be in someone else's plan.

in this area there is no other option but to use empty and abandoned buildings(not all are houses by any means-some are, some arent), there are no council garages to let, no storage units, so this are the next best and only thing. preppers around here are a minority breed-we are surrounded by single mothers and sheeple. as i said bugging out is our plan B>

as i said on other posts, have been looking at buying some land to use as a BOL but the cost of land in the south west is just crazy.
2 May 2013, 18:07,
My transitional BOL I own.....but just because I own it means NOTHING, when the sheeeple come a calling...forced entry and install themselves and tuck into my food and prepp store, they are not going to leave nicely are they. Timing would be crucial , although the TBOL has a limited stock ,I would want to beef up the stores to move to my long term BOL and this done BEFORE tshtf , If however my LT bol is ready before hand ,that would be stocked to the hilt ........but that could well be compromised to.... timing is everything JACK , but things would be a bit easier if you owned some land out of sight of prying eyes, that would be the best option for me.
2 May 2013, 18:24,
BP, your in a good position that that a TBOL probably wouldn't offer much advantage.

Indeed timing is crucial shooter, luck will play a huge part of it too... My garage is tucked away off the beaten track but I'm sure in time it would come on the radar of those sheeple you mention.
It fits my particular plan well, bugging in is the option I'm taking and only have the TBOL as a back up for early days if my home is compromised or the situation dictates an evac (pandemic etc).
It's primary functions are to offer the family shelter and food before bugging out. Secondary functions offer a rally point for family.
I have family that live a distance away from me (70 miles approx) and were looking into splitting the cost of a half way rally point we'll use as a TBOL to do the same.
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.
2 May 2013, 18:40,
i am fairly certain Jack, that in a SHTF situation many people would leave my immediate area, there is only a 1,300 population, i believe many would go to relatives houses in other areas, we only have a very small Co-op store and a small bakery and deli, the nearest supermarket is 8 miles away, then 13 miles and so on. that would probably only leave the old and infirm, who would not be around for long once their medication ran out, there are lots of gardens and communal grassed areas i can use for growing stuff and plenty of trees in the lane i can use for firewood, there is only one road in and the same road out again and only 2 pedestrian access. however if the area looked liked becoming unsafe(probably unlikely as we are not on any route a refugee would take) we can always bug out to our principal BOL about 8 miles away.
6 May 2013, 23:41,
(2 May 2013, 16:17)Mortblanc Wrote: Multiple sites are entirely possible if one does not put too much effort into any of them or considers an abandoned building devoid of comforts or provisions a potential haven.

If your concept of prepping is two cans of beans and a waterpistol you can grab a blanket, head out the door and call anyplace you lay your head a "transitional site".

"Transitional site" with no cache of supplies, weapons or equipment is simply avoidance of admission that one has joined the ranks of the refugees.

You got nothing!

And anyone that beats you to it can call it theirs.

In regards to urban survival:

If one's primary residence is no longer tenable it may be prudent to consider other alternatives.

Some believe the roads would be too hazardous to venture a long journey, so perhaps a good option is to stay local within a few miles radius of central location.

The key to the above argument is caching supplies. Caching small amounts of supplies across a wide area may enable someone to then be fairly mobile. In the event one or two stashes are compromised its not a big deal.

Would I call a vacant office building close by a water source a "haven" ? Yes I would. Two of the major survival factors covered. Another reason to consider empty places is that other people are not interested in them. One can see that by reading the posts here. In a real survival situation its wise to sleep in places others are not interested in. Just my opinion. Not lucky or smart enough to have everything figured out like some of you apparently do.

even without caching supplies, pack a decent BOB and you're way ahead of the game.

more you know the less stuff you need.

refugee:a person who flees for refuge or safety