Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase or transitional bug out location
7 May 2013, 02:50, (This post was last modified: 7 May 2013, 02:51 by Mortblanc.)
RE: Phase or transitional bug out location
refugees who FLEE for refuge or safety, like these people?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Refu...tedIndex=0

Look at all those freekin' bug out bags!!!
7 May 2013, 09:04,
yep, you dont wanna get mixed up with that lot.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 May 2013, 15:31,
(7 May 2013, 02:50)Mortblanc Wrote: refugees who FLEE for refuge or safety, like these people?

what has that picture of Africa got to do with urban survival? take ur head out of your ass
7 May 2013, 15:43,
I've not even got a BOL yet.
7 May 2013, 15:48,
(7 May 2013, 15:31)Rush2112 Wrote:
(7 May 2013, 02:50)Mortblanc Wrote: refugees who FLEE for refuge or safety, like these people?

what has that picture of Africa got to do with urban survival? take ur head out of your ass

country dont matter, a refugee is a refugee no matter where you are!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 May 2013, 22:18,
(7 May 2013, 15:31)Rush2112 Wrote:

I think that the photo is very reverent, it shows just what refuges are,... misplaced people who hadn't, either prepared themselves or were unable to prepare, they will clog the roads, they will be on mass,...and there will be thousands of them around the country,.... the photo is making a point
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 May 2013, 01:24,
The anarchy, desperation, mistrust, killing, starvation, mass movement, chaos that occurred on the main European landmass immediately after the 2nd World war is of considerable interest. The main bombed out urban populations had it bad, especially in the hard fought over areas, particularly Germany. We were spared it in the UK & USA and were not aware of what was going on over the Channel at the time.

Some knowledge of this historical event and how it played out - could be beneficial in future planning. TL.[/u]
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
8 May 2013, 13:00,
My step father served in Germany before and after the end of the war. He always had an affinity for Germany and we have spoken a lot about it.

It looked nothing like those refugees in Africa.

I apologize for my outburst above. It was posted out of frustration due to the fact that it is so difficult to discuss urban survival.
I posted some of my thoughts on the subject. They are not perfect or ideal, but an option. As I said, if our primary residence is untenable it would be nice to have a plan. So I layed it out. It's unrealistic to think one's family is going to be eating well and getting by while everyone else is starving and they will leave you alone unmolested. Its also unrealistic to think one can fight off a mob of +15 determined individuals determined to get what you have. Living in the US, of course we have lots of guns and bullets, and know how to use them effectively. All it takes to get us out of our residence is 1 well placed Molotov cocktail, then we are trapped inside a burning building surrounded by hostiles. What are the options then guys? Die in a blaze of glory? No thanks. I want to leave before it gets to that point. If that makes me a refugee so be it. Labels aren't important, surviving is.

Instead of a thoughtful response, we get a picture of African refugees. Then more posts saying how that picture has a point. Then a post about how knowledge of the situation in post-war Germany could be beneficial, but no suggestions, tips, or ideas of how it could be beneficial. I'll give a tip: there were no stray dogs or cats running around.

I don't have everything figured out and am interested in hearing what others have considered. The sniping from others that have everything set is not constructive and adds nothing to the topic. It's great that you have an impregnable fortress home surrounded by neighbors that have taken blood oaths to defend you, then if the defenses some how get penetrated you have 3 retreats that are also fully stocked. Sincerely, I am happy for you. Unfortunately, that does not help my family one bit. Being told that unless we too have an impregnable fortress we are African refugees is not helpful. I would love to have a fortress, but we don't so are forced to deal with the reality of our situation. It looks like perhaps we are the only ones that don't have a fortress. Dang, I missed out.
8 May 2013, 14:19,
Well come SHTF you are at risk anywhere that's my opinion, those living in the county may become easy targets for mobile gangs, or be forced out by unforeseen events or could be well placed to avoid city meltdown. or those in the city maybe safer in numbers or not. To remain hidden is the best option but that will be no easy task to maintain.
8 May 2013, 14:35,
depends where you are and what the event is.