Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase or transitional bug out location
8 May 2013, 19:40, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2013, 19:49 by bigpaul.)
RE: Phase or transitional bug out location
trying to survive TSHTF in any large urban environment is going to be down to sheer weight of numbers, any food available is not going to stretch very far among a large surviving population, the opposite would apply in the countryside, there are less numbers of people but also there will be less food to go around in the first place, this is why it is advisable to have food stores i.e. "PREP" to last us until things calm down somewhat, ANY food stores would give us an advantage(however small) over those who did not see fit to put back anything to tide them over an emergency but instead spent it on cinema sized wall tv's and foreign holidays.

i seem to remember people in-i think it was New York- who were faced with a tornado or something, within a few days there were "Dumpster diving"(Skip diving over here!) because they had run out of food and the govt agencies couldnt get their arses in gear in under a week....or something like that...they had 3 days worth of food, in some cases they had no food in the house at all, i remember hearing one lady say she had no food in the house and this was just BEFORE the storm hit, also people were buying the entire stock of lanterns, batteries, candles and camp stores wouldnt it be better if they had these stored in their houses ALL the time? they do live in the tornado belt after all!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2013, 23:24,
Okay - I submit! - I give in! - I thought I could crack it; some are obvious but to this particular newbie, some are not!

Is there a glossary in here somewhere???? HuhHuhHuh

8 May 2013, 23:58,
When tshtf this country is going to have more than a few star ing people try 60 million minus the few like us that do prep does anyone really think the government can feed that number, they will be rampaging everywhere and anywhere there could be food
9 May 2013, 00:23, (This post was last modified: 9 May 2013, 00:32 by Grumpy Grandpa.)
(7 May 2013, 02:50)Mortblanc Wrote: refugees who FLEE for refuge or safety, like these people?

As a newbie, these images are a huge part of what brings home to me the reality of a SHTF event. Avoiding this is why I MUST be prepared for my family... Angry

Sorry - off topic - slapped wrist....

(7 May 2013, 15:31)Rush2112 Wrote: what has that picture of Africa got to do with urban survival? take ur head out of your ass

Take your own advice - it has everything to do with our survival - urban or otherwise - can't you see the same in UK? - USA? anywhere? A major event and this is what you'll see out your front room window...

Off topic again! - just following the lead, honest officer...

(2 May 2013, 18:40)bigpaul Wrote: that would probably only leave the old and infirm, who would not be around for long once their medication ran out

Hey BP! Thanks for your confidence in my chances... Big Grin

9 May 2013, 08:12,
A transitional BOL, what im thinking when I here that phrase is some where you can go and dig up you tent or shelter sleeping bag and your food and other supplys set yourself up get some rest and a meal.
9 May 2013, 08:29,
(9 May 2013, 00:23)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(2 May 2013, 18:40)bigpaul Wrote: that would probably only leave the old and infirm, who would not be around for long once their medication ran out

Hey BP! Thanks for your confidence in my chances... Big Grin

sorry GG, it wasnt aimed at you personally, i was more thinking about the sheeple, as a prepper i am sure you are thinking of ways to stockpile your medication, remember-rotate, rotate, use oldest first!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 11:11,
(8 May 2013, 23:58)Fantasia2013 Wrote: When tshtf this country is going to have more than a few star ing people try 60 million minus the few like us that do prep does anyone really think the government can feed that number, they will be rampaging everywhere and anywhere there could be food

That's why some of the more lucky ones that can afford to are moving to remote places as part of their preps and one hard winter would see that 60 million number drop very fast.
9 May 2013, 11:22,
(9 May 2013, 11:11)I-K-E Wrote:
(8 May 2013, 23:58)Fantasia2013 Wrote: When tshtf this country is going to have more than a few star ing people try 60 million minus the few like us that do prep does anyone really think the government can feed that number, they will be rampaging everywhere and anywhere there could be food

That's why some of the more lucky ones that can afford to are moving to remote places as part of their preps and one hard winter would see that 60 million number drop very fast.
yep, try one hard winter + no power! that should knock the numbers down a bit!
9 May 2013, 12:32,
(9 May 2013, 00:23)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [quote='Mortblanc' pid='55984' dateline='1367891415']
refugees who FLEE for refuge or safety, like these people?

As a newbie, these images are a huge part of what brings home to me the reality of a SHTF event. Avoiding this is why I MUST be prepared for my family... Angry

Sorry - off topic - slapped wrist....

(7 May 2013, 15:31)Rush2112 Wrote: what has that picture of Africa got to do with urban survival? take ur head out of your ass

Take your own advice - it has everything to do with our survival - urban or otherwise - can't you see the same in UK? - USA? anywhere? A major event and this is what you'll see out your front room window...

you guys are right. never thought of the fact there will be lots of starving / displaced people after the event and that would be bad.

and here's something else that maybe wasn't considered: if it starts raining on these people, they might get wet.
9 May 2013, 23:03,
(8 May 2013, 13:00)Rush2112 Wrote: Instead of a thoughtful response, we get a picture of African refugees. Then more posts saying how that picture has a point. Then a post about how knowledge of the situation in post-war Germany could be beneficial, but no suggestions, tips, or ideas of how it could be beneficial. I'll give a tip: there were no stray dogs or cats running around.

I don't have everything figured out and am interested in hearing what others have considered. The sniping from others that have everything set is not constructive and adds nothing to the topic.

The reference to the problems in post war Europe was given to you (and all other readers) in good faith. You are supposed to take that "lead" and do some reading up on it yourself. It is very prepper relevent, especially to the PSHTF period in an urban environment. Can you guess what the info might contain? Do I have to write an essay on the vast subject? Study of it yourself will give a much greater understanding of the issues and will reinforce the credibility of what you find. Then come back and it will be good to share, compare and discuss your information.

As well as no stray cats and dogs running around, there were fewer small children as well (documented in some cases/urban areas).

Regards, TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"